Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Griffey breaks leg--per the Onion

Re: Griffey breaks leg--per the Onion

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    You could just send it to Ron Borges directly.
    Who is that?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sportswriter from the Boston Globe who was supsended for reprinting material without crediting sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    This post needs to be removed. It's worse than harassment, name-calling, or any other rule REDSZONE can come up with.
    Youre not serious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post
    The Onion is great, but they can't all be winners. If it's tasteless you want, this is about as bad as you get from The Onion, but I have to admit laughing after I read it.
    Hideki Matsui Unable To Grasp Translator's Explanation Of Where Cory Lidle Is

October 19, 2006 | | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—Hideki Matsui's interpreter Roger Kahlon has been unable explain to the Yankees' Japanese-speaking left fielder that former teammate Cory Lidle died instantaneously last Wednesday after flying his four-seat, SR20 aircraft into a high-rise apartment building in Manhattan's Upper East Side. "At this point, I'm pretty sure [Matsui] thinks Lidle is either in his four-bedroom apartment or on a 20-minute plane ride to upstate New York," Kahlon said, adding that in order to make Lidle's whereabouts clear to Matsui, he has even resorted to making one of his hands into a plane, the other into a building, crashing them together, and making explosion noises. "This kind of thing just doesn't translate very well." According to Kahlon, the last time he asked Matsui where Cory Lidle was, a confused Matsui answered, "The bullpen."
    What happened to Cory Lidle is extremely sad, and this article is in very very poor taste. Having said that, the bit about making hand gestures had me in tears.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Turn Off Ads?