Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Release Paul Wilson

Re: Reds Release Paul Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It's not Paul's fault but the Reds wasted several innings on him that could have been used to evaluate other pitching. I wish Paul the best and hope one of the NL Central clubs feel the need to put him in their rotation.
    While that may be true, it was the right thing to do.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    While that may be true, it was the right thing to do.

How so?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Milton next? Oh PLEAASE!!!!

I'll never forget that game against the Dodgers when he gave up like 11 runs or something in the first inning and the camera showed Dan O'Brien up in the GMs box laughing like a madman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'll never forget that game against the Dodgers when he gave up like 11 runs or something in the first inning and the camera showed Dan O'Brien up in the GMs box laughing like a madman.
    You rang?
    Go Gators!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How so?
    You've thrown away a few spring training innings showing the rest of the organization that they are not just peices of meat to be tossed out when they spoil.

The man gave his best for the Reds and the Reds gave him every opportunity to make it back.

That is goodwill that a $/yr contract can't buy. Maybe the next time you go out to get a Kenny Rodgers to help down the stretch, they'll be a bit more inclined to listen.

If you don't want to be baseball's answer to Siberia you breed a solid working environment. While this one gesture doesn't do it all by itself, its a step in the right direction.

GL

Paulie, Paulie, Paulie...alas we knew ye TOO well. Have a good trip to oblivion. Go home, find a nice girl, have a lot of rug rats and enjoy the domesticated life like the rest of us baseball wanna-be's. It's not that bad, son.

Oh yeah, take Uncle Milty with you too. Please!

C Ya

Relive it in all it's glory.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post

Some good humor in that game thread, M2's "holy barfing cats!" still makes me laugh
    Go Gators!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I ***KNEW***, absolutely and without a doubt, that my man Krono would be along shortly with that pic!! props Krono
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post

Ooooooh. I like that lineup. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I really do feel bad for Paul, but this was absolutely the right move to make. Reading a few of the articles about his comeback this spring it obvious he really loves playing baseball and playing for the Reds. I would like to keep him on a coaching position, but he's through as a player.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

You'd probably think that was Wilson's last game as a Red. After all, it's not every day your starter gives up 8 runs on 5 hits with a walk and two hit batters in zero innings.

But you'd be wrong. Five days later he allowed 12 hits and 5 runs in 4.2 innings. Five days after that, he made his regular start and spread 8 hits and 7 runs out over 5.1 innings. All three games were losses.

Only, after all of that, did the smiling man in the picture do what obviously had to be done.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I was at that game.

I've only been to one baseball game where I was utterly disgusted to be there, and that's the exact game. Now that I think about it, that's actually the only game I've ever left ridiculously early for any other reason besides bad weather. I was that pissed off. And IIRC, we hit up Hofbrahaus after leaving, and I downed several liters of beer to help get myself in a better mood.

As far as Paul Wilson, good luck to him. It's the best decision for the Reds to move on at this point, but I am thankful for all the hard work Wilson put into the team while he was here. Also, not to be forgotten, he did have an ok year out of nowhere for us back in 2004.
    Last edited by Cyclone792; 03-21-2007 at 06:03 PM.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    You've thrown away a few spring training innings showing the rest of the organization that they are not just peices of meat to be tossed out when they spoil.

The man gave his best for the Reds and the Reds gave him every opportunity to make it back.

That is goodwill that a $/yr contract can't buy. Maybe the next time you go out to get a Kenny Rodgers to help down the stretch, they'll be a bit more inclined to listen.

If you don't want to be baseball's answer to Siberia you breed a solid working environment. While this one gesture doesn't do it all by itself, its a step in the right direction.

GL

So if Eric Milton doesn't get a major league deal from anyone next year, we invite him to camp and have him throw 15 innings or so before we let him go? All I'm saying is that we had several other pitchers we could have given those innings to and we waste them on someone that even Stevie Wonder could see was done. We paid Wilson almost $4M last year for rehabbing his arm. I think that's pretty generous.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?