S. Casey 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .301
    K. Griffey Jr. cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .250
    A. Dunn lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .279
    J. Randa 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
    R. Aurilia ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .210
    J. LaRue c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .206
    P. Wilson p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
    Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Good lord that's a black hole at the bottom 4.

Re: Reds Release Paul Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Some good humor in that game thread, M2's "holy barfing cats!" still makes me laugh
    Yeah, I just saw that too. Blow-outs bring out the best in us, what can you say?
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So if Eric Milton doesn't get a major league deal from anyone next year, we invite him to camp and have him throw 15 innings or so before we let him go?
    Screw Milton, ha ha.

All I'm saying is that we had several other pitchers we could have given those innings to and we waste them on someone that even Stevie Wonder could see was done.
    I know where you are coming from, but I guess I don't see those innings as wasted, I see them as a small investment in the culture of the organization.

We paid Wilson almost $4M last year for rehabbing his arm. I think that's pretty generous.
    No doubt, but they only did that because they were contractually obligated. From all accounts Wilson did everything he could to come back and a few spring training innings was a nice show of support from the organization. Sure he was washed up and everybody knew it. Thats what makes them so significant IMO.

Had they brought him North nobody would be wailing and gnashing their teeth any more than I would have been.

GL

it was for the good of the team and I hope that he finds a spot on another team
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So if Eric Milton doesn't get a major league deal from anyone next year, we invite him to camp and have him throw 15 innings or so before we let him go? All I'm saying is that we had several other pitchers we could have given those innings to and we waste them on someone that even Stevie Wonder could see was done. We paid Wilson almost $4M last year for rehabbing his arm. I think that's pretty generous.
    I don't think the Reds "let" him pitch this spring out of a sense of obligation or pity. There was a chance that he could pitch again and they needed to evaluate. They did, and he can't. C'est la vie. But they wouldn't have let him go if they hadn't known for sure. I think it was the right thing to do, not from a human standpoint but a baseball one.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Things like this always happen when I'm AFK. Here's hoping Paul signs a 10 year 350 million contract with the Cards.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Turn Off Ads?