Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marty and Brantley...

Marty and Brantley...

are just violating Milton on air right now. It's almost like they're trying to convince Castellini to outright him by sheer force of their words. It's brutal. As much as I dislike Milton, this is just brutal.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Marty and Brantley...

Sometimes the truth hurts...however that $25 million bucks he didn't earn can't hurt too bad

Some broadcasters wouldn't be able to get away telling it like it is either, especially about a player on their home club. Thankfully, we aren't one of those markets.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-21-2007 at 03:11 PM.

He is a power pitcher without any power.

His fastball has no pop, his curve has no bite and his chance little deception and no tumble. The bad knee is not going to get any better.

Continuing to send Milton out to the mound is an exercise in beating your head against the wall.

I'm liking Brantley. He's a color man who actually has some interesting things to say.
    Makes all the routine posts.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I like their recommendation that Milton be used as the Number 5 starter. It certainly makes sense.

Their assessment of Coffey's work was fairly blunt, too. I think it was Brantley who said somrthing like "Walking the first batter in an inning when Dick Pole is your pitching coach is a good way to get yourself a ticket on the next bus to Louisville."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I like their recommendation that Milton be used as the Number 5 starter. It certainly makes sense.
    what makes the most sense is to stuff him into Wilson's suitcase. :

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    I'm liking Brantley. He's a color man who actually has some interesting things to say.
    He's still awfully, awfully raw as a play-by-play man. That'll come with time, but right now, it's pretty bad.

I agree though, he sounds very good coupled with Marty as a color guy.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    He's still awfully, awfully raw as a play-by-play man. That'll come with time, but right now, it's pretty bad.

I agree though, he sounds very good coupled with Marty as a color guy.
    I like his color commentary but as a PBP guy he forgets to call a lot of the action. Although I will admit he has gotten better since his first couple of broadcasts.

If Thom and Marty can't make him presentable as a PBP man then he is a lost cause.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I said this in the game thread, too, but Brantley sounds like a young Harry Caray on play-by-play. Take that for what it's worth.

As a color man, he seems knowledgable but, as befitting his ESPN roots, is very prone to making huge overstatements and grand pronouncements based on very small amounts of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    As a color man, he seems knowledgable but, as befitting his ESPN roots, is very prone to making huge overstatements and grand pronouncements based on very small amounts of evidence.
    Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I like his color commentary but as a PBP guy he forgets to call a lot of the action.
    Cool, then it'll be like having Nuxhall in the booth all over again.
    We used to dial into WLW on game nights by listening for the absolute silence of Nuxhall at the open mic.

For ever, this has been the sweetest music of summer:
    "Thewine annapitch."
    Five seconds of silence.
    "Swinggg annamiss."
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    I said this in the game thread, too, but Brantley sounds like a young Harry Caray on play-by-play. Take that for what it's worth.
    Drunk with dark hair?
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Drunk with dark hair?
    That's what my 14 year old daughter said when she heard him the other day. Not the dark hair bit, but that he sounded loaded. I'm sorry, but I don't like listening to him call a game. Bring back Joe, give me Thom, but keep Brantley away from the mic. I don't care how much baseball he knows, the sound of his voice drives me crazy.

JMO,
    Julz

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever.

oh, I get it

I like the dialogue that has gone on in the snippets of game action I've caught with first Marty and Thom, then today Marty with Jeff...to his credit, Marty clearly is allowing the other "voices" room to be heard and to grow...it will make for a much more entertaining, and I think informative broadcast

I will say this, however...I look forward to the first offseason where the biggest news for the Reds is signing a big-name free agent PLAYER

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Turn Off Ads?