Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Windows Vista Help Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Windows Vista Help Needed

Hi,
    A couple of questions about Windows Vista:

How do you get the emails from Outlook Express to Windows Mail? I've tried importing, but it can't locate the .dbx file. Do I need to change the file extension? Microsoft stated this would be automatic when the upgrade occured.
    I also use Outlook and now can't receive emails. When I hit Send/Receive, I get an error message stating I don't have the appropriate permission.

iTunes and Vista-- When I try to open iTunes, I get an error message "The folder "iTunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder."
    I've updated the security on this folder, but no luck.

Re: Windows Vista Help Needed

Throw it away... Its Junk!

Sorry - I'm not running Vista, nor do I plan on it... Best best is google it...

I've heard some rumblings about the mail.... But haven't seen any answers on it.

RM
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    iTunes and Vista-- When I try to open iTunes, I get an error message "The folder "iTunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder."
    I've updated the security on this folder, but no luck.
    I wouldn't swear to this, but I have heard that Windows is trying to block out I-tunes, especially now with Zune on the market.

If thats the case, you might read around and see what other people are doing to bypass it, but you pretty much do it at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Supreme Jar Opener

Go back to XP....

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I can't answer your question because I haven't used Vista yet, but I'm getting ready to buy/build a new PC and my plan is to set up the new box to dual boot from XP or Vista. That way I can boot into XP when I want to get something done and boot to Vista when I want to try it out. The plan is to phase out the XP part eventually but only time will tell.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

GO GO SOX!!! (and Reds)

I can't help you with the outlook problem but I do know that itunes was having problems with microsoft vista. Microsoft changed some of it's global files (security issues) that itunes relied upon. Here is some info from apple about what they have fixed and what they are currently working on.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305042

Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by asboog; 03-22-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: updated info

Turn Off Ads?