Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3/21 Musings...

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

3/21 Musings...

From Eric Milton: "I was a lot better in the fourth and the fifth," he said. "In the first three innings, I felt like I was close to pitching well."

So you FELT like you were getting close to pitching well or you are just saying that to avoid being Paul Wilson's Caddy on the Golf Course?

I've been working on a sinker," he said. "Some days it's good. Some days it's not. It was good in the minor-league game. Naturally it was good against the Minor Leaguers....the Big Leaguers were JACKING it allover the park!

"I think it can be a good pitch for me, get more groundballs instead of flyballs."
    Easy Translation = Smoking Line Drives vs. Booming Home Runs?

Narron on Jon Coutlangus:

"He has great movement," Narron said. "Nothing he throws is straight."
    This is good to hear. Keep him away from Browning and Mack Jenkins and this kid may be able to develop.

Coutlangus is one of the good, young arms general manager Wayne Krivsky has brought in.

"Wayne's done a good job with that, picking up guys off waivers, Rule 5 guys," Narron said. "The scouting has been good. A lot of scouts wouldn't recommend a guy like Coutlangus."

Kudos to the scouting department. Whoever made the recommendation did a nice job. Now send him out to find another two or three!

Norris Hopper:

The bruised heel he suffered trying to make a catch Monday in Lakeland is pretty severe.

"They told me five to seven days," Hopper said.

Uhhh OH! You're getting cut! BTW, 5-7 days means Mid May.

Bill Bray:

"I wish I was going on the trip (to Fort Myers to play the Twins)," Bray said Wednesday. "Everything feels great."

Bray was shut down March 15 after feeling shoulder stiffness.

"It was a scare," he said. "Any time you have inflammation, it's not normal. But it's out of there now.

Ok BRANDON... how does the arm REALLY feel?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3/21 Musings...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Bill Bray:

"I wish I was going on the trip (to Fort Myers to play the Twins)," Bray said Wednesday. "Everything feels great."

Bray was shut down March 15 after feeling shoulder stiffness.

"It was a scare," he said. "Any time you have inflammation, it's not normal. But it's out of there now.

Ok BRANDON... how does the arm REALLY feel?
    Oooohh...don't do that to me this early in the morning That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Bray is DL'd along with his buddy Maj when the season opens...that would lock in Burton (and of course, if he isn't totally ML-ready, expect a lot of DL for that young man this year ) and allow for the Hermanson experiment to begin without necessarily having to deal away Cormier...

By the way, what is the rule regarding "hiding" Rule V guys on the DL during their 1st season???

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: 3/21 Musings...

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    By the way, what is the rule regarding "hiding" Rule V guys on the DL during their 1st season???
    Excellent question. I was watching a ST game the other day on FSN and heard about a rule 5 kid needing season ending surgery. If it's legit I'm sure you can land him on the 15 or 60 day DL.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?