Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Game thread vs. The Empire

Re: 3/22 Game thread vs. The Empire

Deno steals 2nd... shew I love him... lol

2. Turn Off Ads?

Denorfia was given every chance in the world this spring to earn the starting CF job, and he flat out didn't earn it. He played his way this spring to either the bench on the 25 man roster or starting in Louisville.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Santos just gets guys out.

Another bold prediction....

Santos will end up throwing over 60 innings for the big club this year.
    I don't think he's going to make the Opening Day club, but the Reds can send him to AAA (only 3+ years of big-league time) because he's on a minor-league deal and not on the 40-man. He can't be optioned, though, lacking any of those years remaining. Sometimes these NRI contracts have out clauses, though, so we'll just have to find out if he has one.

I like the idea of trying him as a full-time reliever, though. He has a decent fastball and command but iffy everything else, which is a profile that fits relief better anyway.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Deno steals 2nd... shew I love him... lol
    He's playing to make the team! Gotta love the hustle. Sure got hot at the right time.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Dreck yes, but it's the most expensive dreck available.
    Well, at least they've got that going for them.

Wise rips one in the gap for a double... tie game! 7-7

I hope he gets the bench job on the 25-man roster as there will be plenty of at-bats for him...and he needs them....

I'd also love to be able to replace Dunn in the outfield for defensive purposes in late innings.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Denorfia was given every chance in the world this spring to earn the starting CF job, and he flat out didn't earn it. He played his way this spring to either the bench on the 25 man roster or starting in Louisville.
    Deno could have hit .500 and he wasn't going to start in CF IMO. He's been simply playing for a spot on the bench all along.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Ready for Hamilton to bring in the game winning run?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

C'mon Natural... take this lead!

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

After a base hit by Deno and a stolen base, Wise doubles into the RCF alley to score the tying run! 7-7.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    I don't think he's going to make the Opening Day club, but the Reds can send him to AAA (only 3+ years of big-league time) because he's on a minor-league deal and not on the 40-man. He can't be optioned, though, lacking any of those years remaining. Sometimes these NRI contracts have out clauses, though, so we'll just have to find out if he has one.
    I'd put my money on an out clause. There are SEVERAL teams out there that are in serious need of bullpen help. The Red Sox are in the hunt for arms from what I read. I listened to their game on NESN the other night. The announcers were putting out an APB for arms.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post

I like the idea of trying him as a full-time reliever, though. He has a decent fastball and command but iffy everything else, which is a profile that fits relief better anyway.
    Yes, I was assuming he was beginning at AAA, then be a call-up whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I'd put my money on an out clause. There are SEVERAL teams out there that are in serious need of bullpen help. The Red Sox are in the hunt for arms from what I read. I listened to their game on NESN the other night. The announcers were putting out an APB for arms.
    Can you trade a guy who's in camp as an NRI?

Turn Off Ads?