Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Dresden Files

The Dresden Files

Now this is a show I am really enjoying. I love the narration, and the fact that Harry is somewhat "smarmy". He has friends with benefits. He uses a drumstick and a hockey stick as wands.

He has a ghost for a roommate.

Cool show.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Dresden Files

TeamBoone said this one was right up my alley. I didn't want to start watching it mid-season. I need a marathon day.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

It's been great so far. A few returning characters with some decent acting.

His ghost roommate lives in his skull which sits on a table. His name is Bob.

I don't know why, but that cracks me up.

I absolutely LOVE this show!

It cracks me up that he's a wizard and that his first name is Harry, though in this week's episode Harry says his parents named him after Houdini. Maybe "they" did, but I think the network executives liked the tie-in with Potter.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I love it too -especially the Vampire (Bianca) bar owner! Roowwwlll!
    Last edited by corkedbat; 03-23-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this show!

It cracks me up that he's a wizard and that his first name is Harry, though in this week's episode Harry says his parents named him after Houdini. Maybe "they" did, but I think the network executives liked the tie-in with Potter.
    This series is based upon a series of books that, IIRC, predate Harry Potter by a bit of time.

http://www.jim-butcher.com/books/dresden/

Edit: Maybe not, looks like the first book came out in April 2000. I don't know when the first Harry Potter book was released. *shrug*
    Last edited by zombie-a-go-go; 03-23-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Checking my facts, after the fact.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

In the 90's I think for Harry Potter. Maybe 1998 or 1999? I think my oldest was reading them then.

Now that I think about it, I knew this series was based on a book(s). Didn't give that a thought.

Regardless, it still cracks me up.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    TeamBoone said this one was right up my alley. I didn't want to start watching it mid-season. I need a marathon day.

They have 4 in a row on tonight. The 2nd just started (8pm)

Pretty good episode last night.

Bob cracks me up.

The SciFi is on the fence right now about whether to order a second season or not. Here's a link to a petition. May not help much, but prolly won't hurt any either.

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...pdates;title;0

Gah! that was the best show they ran this past season. It was better than BSG, and all of the Stargate crap.

Turn Off Ads?