Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers interested in Deno?

Rangers interested in Deno?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6595514 the info is about halfway down.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rangers interested in Deno?

The Rangers, continuing their pursuit of a right-handed hitter who could spell Kenny Lofton in center field, are targeting the Reds' Chris Denorfia and Giants' Jason Ellison, among others.

The Reds might prefer to keep Denorfia, who at the moment is one of their few healthy outfielders; Ryan Freel, Norris Hopper, Josh Hamilton and Ken Griffey Jr. all are less than 100 percent.

Ellison, like Denorfia, plays all three outfield positions, and the Giants would benefit from his speed and defense. However, Ellison is out of minor-league options, and the Giants might prefer to keep veteran Mark Sweeney for their final roster spot.
    No mention of what Texas would offer.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Deno and Cormier for Otsuka and a minor league OF? I can dream!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

oops sorry I missed this thread on Reds Live
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55689

If they want him as a backup I wouldn't think they would offer much
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

Oh stop it.....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sold!

I can't see the Reds trading Deno with Griffey hurt ( again ).
    What happens when Freel goes down or if Hamilton struggles?
    Conine in RF? Hopper? :thumbdown

I think Deno is a good 4th OF who will get his ABs in 2007.

Saw this gem on another board.

"According to Fox Sports the Texas Rangers are showing interest in Chris Denorfia. They say that the Rangers would likely have to part with a quality reliver in order to land him, perhaps Scott Feldman."

I must've missed that part where Fox Sports said the Rangers would likely have to part with a quality reliver. Anyone know anything about Scott Feldman?
    "The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."
    Bob Lemon

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Saw this gem on another board.

"According to Fox Sports the Texas Rangers are showing interest in Chris Denorfia. They say that the Rangers would likely have to part with a quality reliver in order to land him, perhaps Scott Feldman."

I must've missed that part where Fox Sports said the Rangers would likely have to part with a quality reliver. Anyone know anything about Scott Feldman?
    He appeared in 36 games last year for Texas. Only 24 years old. Never had a WHIP over 1.26 at any stop. Average but not great k/9. Certainly better than some of the geriatric crew we'll be running out there this year.

Probably not enough to get in return for Denorfia though. I'd want at least one more good prospect along with him to feel right about making this particular deal.

EDIT: If it had the side effect of bumping Cormier off the roster I'd be fine with it being a straight up 1 for 1 trade.
    Last edited by Jaycint; 03-23-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint View Post
    He appeared in 36 games last year for Texas. Only 24 years old. Never had a WHIP over 1.26 at any stop. Average but not great k/9. Certainly better than some of the geriatric crew we'll be running out there this year.

Probably not enough to get in return for Denorfia though. I'd want at least one more good prospect along with him to feel right about making this particular deal.

EDIT: If it had the side effect of bumping Cormier off the roster I'd be fine with it being a straight up 1 for 1 trade.
    ???? With the premium good relievers are at? If the Reds can get a ML ready 24 year old reliever that has performed well, pull the trigger. They have Griffey, Freel, Hamilton, and Hopper who can all play CF. The only bummer is that it makes Encarnacion the only RH bat with any power on the team. But still, another RH bat can be found.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

I'd just take Otsuka

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    ???? With the premium good relievers are at? If the Reds can get a ML ready 24 year old reliever that has performed well, pull the trigger. They have Griffey, Freel, Hamilton, and Hopper who can all play CF. The only bummer is that it makes Encarnacion the only RH bat with any power on the team. But still, another RH bat can be found.
    Oh I'm with you, our bullpen needs to get younger and better and Feldman would do that. I just don't think we trade Denorfia away lightly without trying to squeeze as much value in return as we can. The guy can go get it out in center (which would be quite valuable in the Bandbox at Arlington) not to mention the increased offensive production he might see there as opposed to the places he has played previously in the minors.

Since apparently the interest is coming from Texas' end I say we play hardball for once as an organization and see if we can attach another name to the deal heading this direction. Feldman would be the centerpiece but get another arm along with him...

Trade him while he has some value. It is obvious the next outfielder to have a shot from the minors is Dickerson. He was on the Caravan tour this winter, so I would think he is what the Reds are investing into.

Deno has some value, you have to trade him. I really do not see him as the next starting outfielder for this team.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Gammons confirmed today that the Reds area shopping Denorfia around

• The Reds have talked to several teams about one of the better extra outfielders around, Chris Denorfia.

Turn Off Ads?