Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: (Some) UK fans getting their wish???

Re: (Some) UK fans getting their wish???

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm hoping that what Blimpie and others are reporting turns out to be true, but Barnhardt's track record thus far has been impressive. UK is looking toward the most promising season in football with Rich Brooks, believe it or not. Mickie DeMoss has been a great hire for the girls team as well. Not sure who the coach is for the Bat Cats, but they were in the playoffs last year.

Regardless, this will be the decision that defines Barnhardt's legacy at Kentucky.
    That would be John Cohen, who may end up being the best hire of the bunch. He took a UK baseball team that was dead last in the conference in 2005 and won the SEC with them last year.

This year, they also got off to their best start in team history. Cohen comes to UK via the Florida baseball program and has lots of recruiting inroads in the Sunshine State.

The baseball team will be great as long as Cohen is in charge.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Was a nice article. One thing I still don't get is the double talk in the media. In one breath the talking heads will say that UK has not slipped and that Tubby was doing an excellent job and that the fans should be happy with the terrific job he was doing. Then right after that they would say that there is no way Donnovan would leave Florida for UK because that would be a step down. If your saying that then you are saying UK had slipped down under Tubby because UK used to be above Florida.

I agree that the list starts with Billy but one name you haven't heard much about who would do wonders in Lexington I think is Bruce Pearl. He plays a style that would be accepted immediately, he is very outgoing and passsionate about the game and he wears his emotions on his sleeve on the sideline which is far different than Tubby (not to say either is better but normaly when hiring a new coach he is the complete opposite of the old). He has also been quoted recently as saying the UK job was the best in the country.

Turn Off Ads?