Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ootp 2007!!

Ootp 2007!!

Hey all-

I was fortunate enough to be a beta tester for many months, and OOTP 2007 is a HUGE improvement over the previous version.

If you are interested, and on the fence about ordering, or upgrading your league, let me know. I have a some options that might make ordering the game a bit more enticing for you.

Either post here or PM me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ootp 2007!!

If said options are worthwhile, I might be coaxed to come off the fence.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    If said options are worthwhile, I might be coaxed to come off the fence.
    ditto didnt even bother to buy 06 but im curious about 07 more than i was about 06 for certain.

Honestly, 2007 is a huge jump over 2006. Myself and the other beta testers have spent months tracking thousands of bugs, and testing tons of new features. The features are mostly documented on the OOTP website.

I have played 2007 extensively, as well as many of the previous versions, and 2007 is the best one, hands down. The accuracy is much improved, loading times are much much better, and most of the favorite features that were present in earlier versions but missing from 2006 are back.

If you are interested in coming off the fence, as a Beta tester, we have a discount code we can use to lure you off the fence. I wont/cant put it in the thread, but if you are seriously interested, PM me.

It can't be any worse than 06!!!! Seriously tho, what was wrong with 6.5 that I needed changed as much as it was for 06? Is 07 closer to 6.5 or 06?

2006 was a completely new game, 6.5 was still built on the same code that 1.0 was, apparently it was a mess and the games designer wanted a fresh start.

Shame 2006 was so...ugh.
    Go Gators!

Yeah, 6.51 was great, but it wasn't without its limitations.

2006 was a complete rewrite of the game, from the ground up, and to be honest, saying it was rough, is being nice.

That said, I think people will really like 2007. The demo should be up for download now, and I know that myself and the other testers have spent months testing, tracking, and suggesting features and fixes. I am not speaking as a fanboy here either, I was just as disappointed in 2006 as most others. They specifically picked folks for the 2007 beta team that were critical, and not just jaded followers.

Download the demo, and give it a whirl. It's a great game. If you would like the 10% discount code, PM me and you can save a few bucks.

WAGS

does it make it a lot easier for online leagues? as far as uploading/multiple managing/etc

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    does it make it a lot easier for online leagues? as far as uploading/multiple managing/etc
    I really couldnt say. I wasnt involved much with that part of the testing. I have heard it is much improved, but I really didnt touch that part of the testing.

I would say to check out the demo, and the forums, and see what advice others can offer.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

The manual is over 500 pages, as I discovered when I downloaded my preorder. Since I ordered 2006 but didn't actually play it, I think I'll be making use of the tutorial on the website, among other things.

2007 is light years ahead of any baseball sim I've played. It is worth checking out for the customization tools alone.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Care to elaborate on the process of re-signing players during the season and then the FA period?

Those are my two main concerns with OOTP.

A distant 3rd would be prospect development modifiers.

Turn Off Ads?