Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Papelbon to close for Red Sox

Papelbon to close for Red Sox

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=2808345

Julian Tavarez is to be the 5th starter. Insert required Milton to Boston trade ideas here.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: Papelbon to close for Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...ory?id=2808345

Julian Tavarez is to be the 5th starter. Insert required Milton to Boston trade ideas here.
    Boston's too smart to acquire Milton. Tavarez will put up better/similar numbers.

What....Pineiro isn't going to close for them??????
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

good for Papelbohn - he's lights out as a closer
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Wouldn't surprise me if you see Piniero in the rotation at some point this year for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if you see Piniero in the rotation at some point this year for them.
    I actually like what I've seen from Pineiro as a reliever this spring, not that you can really tell from ST, but I kind of like Tavarez as a starter and Pineiro and Snyder more as relievers than the other way around. Tavarez is kind of a nutcase, but he's an entertaining nutcase when he can keep his sinker down. Hopefully, he's just keeping the spot warm for Jon Lester anyway.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Can he be stopped?

What happened to saving Papelbon's arm by getting him regular rest/innings?
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    He just doesn't want to be a starting pitcher, so they're going to have to figure out how to manage him better as a reliever and he's going to have to manage to keep up his conditioning, and everyone's going to have to keep their fingers crossed. Because sometimes people are what they are, and you can't make them into something else just because it might be less risky or more convenient or whatever.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    They're putting restrictions on how often he will pitch.

What really stinks is that my money fantasy league drafted last weekend. This surely changes his value.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6600124
    This is news to me:

"Reds medical director Tim Kremcheck, who examined Papelbon last season and acts as one of his consultants..."

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6600124
    This is BAD news to me:

"Reds medical director Tim Kremcheck, who examined Papelbon last season and acts as one of his consultants..."
    Fixed that up for you.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

The Red Sox are idiots. The doctors said his injury risk is much greater as a closer than a starter. So they are going to need 2 closers now, becuase Papelbon can't close on back to back days, or at least he shouldn't. The Red Sox are going to regret this decision by July when he wont be able to pitch at all.

Can he be stopped?

I don't know that its bad news Tom Servo... I'm not a Red Sox fan....
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

You guys know who Dr. Gilbert Mudge is?

Turn Off Ads?