Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Baseball Card Images

Re: Your Favorite Baseball Card Images

How did that guy get Chip's belt?

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    From what I gather based on conversations on XM Radio, he may have "punked" himself on that one. Apparently players sometimes write crazy things on the knobs of their bats to make them easily recognizable in the bat rack.
    That's exactly what Cal said when he was at OSU earlier this year and someone asked him about it. They said, "Cal, did Billy know what was written on his bat handle?"

Cal said, "Of course he knew, that's how he remembered which one was his in the bat rack!"

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Also loved these:

What a lineup:

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    What a lineup:
    Nice cards, wrong order. Rose, Griffey, Morgan, Bench, Perez, Foster, Concepcion, Geronimo, pitcher.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Oh- thanks for the heads up, but I wasn't putting them in any particular order. I just meant the everyday lineup. I shoulda said what a team.

george grande is holding the mic

Pete's brashness and cockiness shines through his facial expression.

The name says it all.

This particular card of Dale Murphy was always one of my faves. Although the Reds are my fave team, to me, Murph is one of the classiest people to ever step foot on a ball diamond.

Attachment 4585

This whole thread brings back horrible memories of me as a kid putting thumb tacks and duct tape on the back of the cards to hang on my wall.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Hostess used to have these cards on the back of their Twinkies, Ding Dong and Suzy Q boxes. My brother and I and about every other kid in the neighborhood would go in the store and sort thru every box to see what box had cards we needed to add to our collection.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Always liked the 72 Rose in action- except he isn't in action lol....

For a Level Playing Field

I remember having this card in my youth.

In 1974, Washington was tapped by Oakland Athletics owner Charlie Finley to become the A's "designated runner." Despite having no professional baseball experience, and having last played baseball in high school, Washington was a member of the Athletics 1974 World Series championship team. His major league debut was on April 4, 1974 against the Texas Rangers.

Appearing as a pinch-runner for Joe Rudi in game two of the 1974 World Series, Washington was picked off first base in a crucial ninth-inning situation by Dodgers' reliever Mike Marshall.

Washington played in 104 major league games without batting, pitching, or fielding, playing exclusively as a pinch runner. He had 31 stolen bases in 48 attempts and scored 33 runs during his short career, numbers which were relatively low considering his great speed. He was released one month into the 1975 season.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    This whole thread brings back horrible memories of me as a kid putting thumb tacks and duct tape on the back of the cards to hang on my wall.
    You too??? I put scotch tape on the back of most of the Reds cards then taped them to my bedroom wall. I still carry around Bench and Gully - but it you take the tape off the back of Gully's card... you take off his face! All the other cards I just threw in shoeboxes. Of course, after the '70 WS, I took brand new Powell, Weaver, B. Robinson, Palmer cards and clothespinned them to my bicycle spokes!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

One of my favorite cards (which I also have) are the "Washington" Padres cards that Topps misprinted!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?