Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Favorite Baseball Card Images

Re: Your Favorite Baseball Card Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Steely-eyed Deron Johnson...

Johnson was one of my favorites back in the day. I had a couple of those cards.

Look at how the vest is cut in that picture. That's what the Reds should have been doing the last few years. The vests you see today look to me like they just left off the sleeves.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    You too??? I put scotch tape on the back of most of the Reds cards then taped them to my bedroom wall. I still carry around Bench and Gully - but it you take the tape off the back of Gully's card... you take off his face! All the other cards I just threw in shoeboxes. Of course, after the '70 WS, I took brand new Powell, Weaver, B. Robinson, Palmer cards and clothespinned them to my bicycle spokes!
    My fifth grade teacher let me decorate the class room bulletin with my display of baseball cards. I still have several of the BRM era cards with holes in them from the thumb tacks i stuck in the cards to mount to the bulletin board. Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Boog:
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 03-26-2007 at 09:01 AM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

That 1975 set is among my favorites, as is the Powell card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    That 1975 set is among my favorites, as is the Powell card.
    Gaaahhh! The colors!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    One of my favorite cards (which I also have) are the "Washington" Padres cards that Topps misprinted!
    Topps had done it on purpose, though it bit them in the butt.
    The Padres had decided to move to DC after the '73 season, but decided to stay at the last moment when Ray Kroc bought the club, keeping them in San Diego.
    I have several of those cards - including a signed McCovey. Very cool.

I couldn't find a good picture of this particular card, but I'm guessing someone here probably knows what I'm talking about. My favorite card of all time was the Kirby Puckett 1993 Topps card with him holding the gigantic baseball bat.

Turn Off Ads?