Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

  1. #16
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Oakwood, OH
    Posts
    11,663

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Wow... just wow. I fell asleep in the Lazy Boy at halftime of the OSU-UT game. As an OSU fan I decided it wasn't worth losing sleep for the rest of the game. It brought back bad memories of the football game against Florida (when I went to bed with 10 minutes left in that game). I just didn't want to go througn it again... watching my fav team get blown out and watch an SEC team celebrate at beating #1.

    I got up this morning. My wife asked me as I was leaving for work at 7:00 am if I watched the whole thing (she fell asleep 1/2 way thru the 1st half). I told her that I decided to go to sleep at half when they were down 17 points. She asked if I had turned on ESPN or the radio after showering to see the final score. I told her that the longer it took for me to see/hear the final, then the longer that OSU was still alive in my world. I listened to music on the CD-player for the 1st half of my drive to work b/c I still did not want to accept it. Finally I needed to know the final (and accept the truth). Of course it took 5 mintues of flipping between the Homer, ESPN and WLW before I finally heard that the Bucks had won 85-84. I am a very happy camper right now.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Bada Bing cincy09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Zanesvegas, OH
    Posts
    1,484

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Wow... just wow. I fell asleep in the Lazy Boy at halftime of the OSU-UT game. As an OSU fan I decided it wasn't worth losing sleep for the rest of the game. It brought back bad memories of the football game against Florida (when I went to bed with 10 minutes left in that game). I just didn't want to go througn it again... watching my fav team get blown out and watch an SEC team celebrate at beating #1.

    I got up this morning. My wife asked me as I was leaving for work at 7:00 am if I watched the whole thing (she fell asleep 1/2 way thru the 1st half). I told her that I decided to go to sleep at half when they were down 17 points. She asked if I had turned on ESPN or the radio after showering to see the final score. I told her that the longer it took for me to see/hear the final, then the longer that OSU was still alive in my world. I listened to music on the CD-player for the 1st half of my drive to work b/c I still did not want to accept it. Finally I needed to know the final (and accept the truth). Of course it took 5 mintues of flipping between the Homer, ESPN and WLW before I finally heard that the Bucks had won 85-84. I am a very happy camper right now.

    sorry.........you missed a great game dude!
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    837

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Haha...you missed an awesome second half. Don't EVER throw the towel in early. For all you know, Tennessee could've had Danny Graves to come in for the "save", haha. We all know how that would've turned out.

    I never leave a game early or change the channel before the final bell sounds.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

  5. #19
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,438

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    The majority of the crowd at the Alamodome went home disappointed last night. Most of the 20,000 Aggie fans left after their loss. Most of the Aggie fans who stayed around were rooting for Tennessee.

    I benefitted from the fact that the Aggies lost, because I was able to partake of a major seat upgrade for the second game. All the way down to the main floor, baby!

    Right before halftime, I debated whether I would stay for the second half. I decided that if the Bucks hadn't cut the lead to 10 with 10 minutes to go that I would go. It only took them 3-1/2 minutes into the second half to cut the lead by that much. It was like a different team came out of that locker room after halftime.

    I hear that there were many tickets for Saturday's final available for purchase from fans wearing maroon. I'm looking forward to a much less crowded Alamodome on Saturday.
    /r/reds

  6. #20
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The majority of the crowd at the Alamodome went home disappointed last night. Most of the 20,000 Aggie fans left after their loss. Most of the Aggie fans who stayed around were rooting for Tennessee.

    I benefitted from the fact that the Aggies lost, because I was able to partake of a major seat upgrade for the second game. All the way down to the main floor, baby!

    Right before halftime, I debated whether I would stay for the second half. I decided that if the Bucks hadn't cut the lead to 10 with 10 minutes to go that I would go. It only took them 3-1/2 minutes into the second half to cut the lead by that much. It was like a different team came out of that locker room after halftime.

    I hear that there were many tickets for Saturday's final available for purchase from fans wearing maroon. I'm looking forward to a much less crowded Alamodome on Saturday.
    I wondered how many of the 30K were Aggie Fans. The Dome looked empty.

    UA-How many OSU Fans came down?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  7. #21
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,438

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I wondered how many of the 30K were Aggie Fans. The Dome looked empty.

    UA-How many OSU Fans came down?
    I'd say there were about 2,000 Buckeye fans in the official sections. The Buckeye fans I talked to in my area were locals like me.

    It was a strange experience to be at a sporting event that ended so dramatically (A&M/Memphis), not really care about how it ended and yet be enthusiastic about what was coming next.
    /r/reds

  8. #22
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,507

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Thank you A&M for my first major set back of the tournament.

    Thank you Ohio State for one hell of a game!!!

  9. #23
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    13,438

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    I just remembered I have a picture I took last night that shows most of the Buckeyes cheering section.

    I took some pictures of the scoreboard during the game that didn't come out very well or I would have posted them. (Ugly-looking 1980s technology in those scoreboards at the A-dome. )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    /r/reds

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    4,225

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    While there have been some great games in this season's tournament, I really miss the 'cinderella' teams and huge upsets.

    Only two double-digit seeds made it out of the first round, nobody below a #7 seed made it to the sweet sixteen, and the elite eight is comprised of four #1 seeds, three #2s, and one #3.

    This tournament has been about as surprising as a sunset.

  11. #25
    Member VR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    8,556

    Re: NCAA Thursday Sweet Sixteen Thread

    Go Ducks
    Last edited by VR; 03-24-2007 at 10:38 AM.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25