Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Help Me Win My bet Plz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Me Win My bet Plz

Hello From Ft Myers. I have been looking for a friendly Reds Board to keep me up to date on my fav team. I just moved to Fla from Cincy and I am a bit homesick. SpringTraining is great but I am gonna miss seeing my team play in Cincy. Now... i made a bet with a fellow baseball fan. Something silly but we are both curious. How many hometeams have their dugout on the first base side??? Do most teams have the hometeam dugout on the 3rd base side or first base. I know Wrigley's home side is 3rd base, Cards have their home team by 1st. Any input??? BTW I have seen Reds play few times down here in Ft Myers and they r looking good. Its going to be an exciting year. Cant wait. Josh Hamilton is one to watch. Remember that!!!!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Help Me Win My bet Plz

Quote Originally Posted by cincyfan5000 View Post
    How many hometeams have their dugout on the first base side??? Do most teams have the hometeam dugout on the 3rd base side or first base. I know Wrigley's home side is 3rd base, Cards have their home team by 1st. Any input???
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugout_(baseball)

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the first base side

* Atlanta Braves (Turner Field)
    * Baltimore Orioles (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
    * Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park)
    * Cincinnati Reds (Great American Ball Park)
    * Colorado Rockies (Coors Field)
    * Florida Marlins (Dolphins Stadium)
    * Houston Astros (Minute Maid Park)
    * Kansas City Royals (Kauffman Stadium)
    * Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park)
    * New York Mets (Shea Stadium)
    * New York Yankees (Yankee Stadium)
    * Philadelphia Phillies (Citizens Bank Park)
    * San Diego Padres (PETCO Park)
    * Seattle Mariners (Safeco Field)
    * St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium)
    * Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Tropicana Field)
    * Texas Rangers (Ameriquest Field in Arlington)

Teams and ballparks with home dugouts on the third base side

* Arizona Diamondbacks (Chase Field)
    * Chicago Cubs (Wrigley Field)
    * Chicago White Sox (U.S. Cellular Field)
    * Cleveland Indians (Jacobs Field)
    * Detroit Tigers (Comerica Park)
    * Los Angeles Angels (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
    * Los Angeles Dodgers (Dodger Stadium)
    * Minnesota Twins (Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome)
    * Oakland A's (McAfee Coliseum)
    * Pittsburgh Pirates (PNC Park)
    * San Francisco Giants (AT&T Park)
    * Toronto Blue Jays (Rogers Centre)
    * Washington Nationals (Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium)

Thank for sending a fast reply to such a useless fact. My next question would be Why?? Is it a scientific reason like how the sun sets?? Or is it just a coin toss to who goes where?? Any input would be appreciated.

Home teams can do whatever they want, the Cubs make their opponent dress in a clubhouse the size of a closet and the team has to go thru a maze to get there. I saw that on a Reds Report once.

For a Level Playing Field

Strange thing... the location of dugouts. But interesting for this baseball fan.

Good find, jm. The link you posted didn't show any of the information you posted. I searched further on wiki and found this link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugout_%28baseball%29

If you go to this link, check out the picture they show. How many people in that dugout can you identify? I see Sabo, Tuna Boat Jack Armstrong and little known Chris Jones.
    Last edited by RedFanAlways1966; 03-24-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Strange thing... the location of dugouts. But interesting for this baseball fan.

Good find, jm. The link you posted didn't show any of the information you posted. I searched further on wiki and found this link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugout_%28baseball%29

If you go to this link, check out the picture they show. How many people in that dugout can you identify? I see Sabo, Tuna Boat Jack Armstrong and little known Chris Jones.
    I think I see Larkin

Larry Starr and Barry Larkin.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Larry Rothschild in the Reds jacket and Alfred E. Neuman is the bat boy.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

If anybody was wondering...I won the bet. I will hopefully gather my winnings "a cold beer" at the Minnesota/Yanks game on wed. Last Reds game was last week in town. I am an hour and half from Sarasota but its just a long haul when u have to work 40+ a week but I was able to catch them 4 times here in Ft myers. We have the Red Sox and Twins here in town. I am not much of an American Leage fan. My favorite teams and players are in the National League. I have to give a lot of credit to the Boston Red Sox fans. They are very knowlegdable and extremely loyal. Very impressive people. I have to laugh because one day at a Boston Red Sox game I mentioned that Aaron Boone was one of my favorite players. That didnt fly to well with the people around me. I am sure nobody will forget his walk off homerun when he was with the Yanks. However I cant feel much love for the Sox. The Twins are more of a quiet winner. I like them lots better. The players seem less cocky. Just my opinion. Spring training will be over soon. It will be hard to see any games on tv. I dont subscribe to any fancy services. I did get to talk to Marty and Joe while they were down here. It was so nice to see Joe. He isnt looking the best. I yelled his name while he was in the dugout. He wearily walked up the few stairs and came over to the railing. I was so happy to see him that I asked for a hug. He obliged. Its funny cuz I feel like I know both Marty and Joe. I grew up listening to them almost every day. ITs going to be rough without them this year. Joe told me he would just have to "talk louder' maybe then I could here. Ha ha Well enough rambling. I just wish i would of found this message board earlier.

Turn Off Ads?