Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your thoughts on SI

Your thoughts on SI

Sports Illustrated has picked the Reds to finish dead last in the division and is the 27th ranked team in all of baseball in their baseball preview issue. What are your thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your thoughts on SI

I laughed out loud at this article when I read it this morning. When they spelled it "Cincinatti" early in the article I lost any respect I had for their opinion.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Bring on the scorn, national media. It's more fun later on that way.

part of BBN

Let's see where they picked tigers last year.
    Not sayin we will do what they did, just makin a point.

One injury to a key person and i'd say they are dead on. This season really could go either way, IMO, so I don't begrudge anyone who has an opinion either way
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    I laughed out loud at this article when I read it this morning. When they spelled it "Cincinatti" early in the article I lost any respect I had for their opinion.
    Not to mention their projected 5th starter was Mike Belisle...

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    One injury to a key person and i'd say they are dead on. This season really could go either way, IMO, so I don't begrudge anyone who has an opinion either way
    True but same could basically be said for STL with Carpentar/Pujols, Milwaukee with Sheets , Stros-Oswalt etc.
    The cubs may actually be more able to make up for a Lee type injury with Soriano and Ramirez.

SI is a joke and will never receive a penny of my money. I laughed out loud when I leafed through "SI's Big Book of Baseball" at the library. It was obviously written by non-baseball people looking to cash in on the casual East Coast fan--much like most of our national media.

Who cares?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Chalk it up to more "motivation" for this "scrappy" team

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Not to mention their projected 5th starter was Mike Belisle...
    I was going to draft him for my fantasy team, did you see his record last year

they said this last season too

Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Bring on the scorn, national media. It's more fun later on that way.
    I agree, Doc. I remember in the 1990 World series when everyone was bashing the Reds and saying that they didn't have a chance against the A's. It sure was a great feeling when the Reds went out and kicked some tail! Hope it happens aagain this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    SI is a joke and will never receive a penny of my money.
    That is the truth. I convinced my dad to get it for a year when the Bucks won the 2003 Natn'l Champ just to get the Buckeyes collectibles and I quickly found myself never reading it. ESPN, while continually getting worse on the TV side of things, sure puts out a good magazine that I always will read. The only reason I get/read SI is because my girfriend gets it for free and gives it to me.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't the anti-cincinnati football reporter Peter King write the article about the reds. Baseball media publications have become so east coast biased in the recent years I would be suprised if some of them knew that baseball existed in the heartland of the country. I dont really care about typos or wrong first names because they are dealing with a ton of players but I just wish they would be unbiased. A true baseball reporter would probably realize the potential that the reds currently have.

Turn Off Ads?