Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete Rose To Appear On Tonight Show With Jay Leno -- Monday, March 26

Pete Rose To Appear On Tonight Show With Jay Leno -- Monday, March 26

Just a heads up...Pete is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show Monday night.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pete Rose To Appear On Tonight Show With Jay Leno -- Monday, March 26

That's going to be a mess.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

For his sake I hope he pleads the 5th when Leno asks questions.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    That's going to be a mess.
    yeah, this has trainwreck all over it

Worth The Wait

Ugh, please just go away Pete. Don't know if I am more sick of seeing his mug or hearing about Balco???

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My streak of having never watched a Jay Leno Tonight Show shall continue.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Why?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I've just never watched the show before. Watching Pete lie some more isn't going to change that.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

For all of his (many, many) flaws, I've found Pete to be an entertaining and borderline-charming talk show guest in the past. In fact, in straight talking terms, I find him infinitely more tolerable than Jay Leno.

If Leno can manage to steer himself away from the juicy topics he so loves and give Pete a chance to talk about baseball a week before the season starts, Pete will have some interesting things to say. For all of his (many, many) flaws, Pete still clearly loves baseball, and follows it to a degree that most retired players don't. His opinions about the current game and its teams and players are usually worth hearing. And it's always fun to hear someone on the national stage talk about the present-day Reds.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

vp, I do agree with you, but I think I'll wait and just read the headlines in the morning.

It's like a train wreck that I know is coming, and yet I am powerless to stop it

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    For all of his (many, many) flaws, I've found Pete to be an entertaining and borderline-charming talk show guest in the past. In fact, in straight talking terms, I find him infinitely more tolerable than Jay Leno.

If Leno can manage to steer himself away from the juicy topics he so loves and give Pete a chance to talk about baseball a week before the season starts, Pete will have some interesting things to say. For all of his (many, many) flaws, Pete still clearly loves baseball, and follows it to a degree that most retired players don't. His opinions about the current game and its teams and players are usually worth hearing. And it's always fun to hear someone on the national stage talk about the present-day Reds.

You're right. He is a very good talk show guest. I remember sometime in the mid-90s he was on Conan and Mickey Rooney was the other guest. I think Mickey was drunk cause he was just fawning all over Pete and Pete was trying not to laugh at him.

But I'm afraid this is going to be more about Pete than baseball. It'll be the same old crap recycled. Blah, blah, blah, I bet on the Reds every night; blah, blah, blah, guys have done worse stuff than I did and they are in the HOF, blah, blah, blah, I'm baseball's greatest ambassador. Then Jay will ask him who he likes this year and that'll be it. And, VP, I'll bet you a beer that he doesn't say anything about the present day Reds other than they are having that exhibit in the HOF for him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    But I'm afraid this is going to be more about Pete than baseball. It'll be the same old crap recycled. Blah, blah, blah, I bet on the Reds every night; blah, blah, blah, guys have done worse stuff than I did and they are in the HOF, blah, blah, blah, I'm baseball's greatest ambassador. Then Jay will ask him who he likes this year and that'll be it. And, VP, I'll bet you a beer that he doesn't say anything about the present day Reds other than they are having that exhibit in the HOF for him.
    I suspect you're right, but I attribute that to Leno. A few months ago Pete was on Letterman, and he talked a lot about being baseball's greatest ambassador, and a lot about being in the HOF, and a lot about baseball and the current Reds. That's because it's the direction in which the host steered the conversation. Now Letterman of course grew up a baseball fan and a Reds fan to boot. He is also not a creepwad.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Well Pete was just on. He defended McGwire and Bonds and said that Bonds' problem was similar to Steve Carlton's. He then talked about going to opening day in Cincinnati for the first time since 1989. He referred to GABP first as Riverfront and then followed by a pause and talked about the first floor of the Reds HOF being dedicated to him. One interesting thing is he referred to his gambling as an "addiction".

Well, it is an addiction for everyone else, why not for Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    Well Pete was just on. He defended McGwire and Bonds and said that Bonds' problem was similar to Steve Carlton's. He then talked about going to opening day in Cincinnati for the first time since 1989. He referred to GABP first as Riverfront and then followed by a pause and talked about the first floor of the Reds HOF being dedicated to him. One interesting thing is he referred to his gambling as an "addiction".
    I didn't know Steve Carlton was on 'roids.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Turn Off Ads?