Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thad Matta and UK...

Re: Thad Matta and UK....

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I couldn't agree more. That's the same reason that some people in these parts want no part of Calipari.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I mentioned this in the previous thread, but I am starting to wonder what skeletons are hiding in Mr. Matta's closet.

2006-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Greg Oden
    Mike Conley
    Daequan Cook*

Four Star:
    David Lighty*
    Othello Hunter

2007-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Kosta Koufos*

Four Star:
    Jon Diebler*
    Dallas Lauderdale*
    Evan Turner
    Eric Wallace

2008-
    Five Star-
    BJ Mullens*
    William Buford*
    Anthony Crater
    Luke Babbit

Four Star:
    Warren Offutt

* In state recruit.

Either Matta is a great recruiter, or something is going on in Columbus that could put the Buckeyes back on probation by the end of the decade.

While I don't want Matta anywhere near UK, the fact that he said no doesn't mean much because he said that he wasn't up for the Ohio St job either.
    Make baseless accusations like this often? As if it is either great recruiter or he's cheating? Brilliant, brilliant I say.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Make baseless accusations like this often? As if it is either great recruiter or he's cheating? Brilliant, brilliant I say.
    Yep, all those years that Roy Williams got those bluechippers....he cheats too.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Only time will tell about Matta and his recruiting tactics...Mine is more of a "scratch your head" type of curiosity.

Baseless accusations be damned...the guy straight up lied to a bunch of people when he took the OSU job. I mean, like, a Nick Saban caliber of lying.

Lying is deceit. Deceit begets deceit.

So, if you are UK...a program which has had a rich history of trying to circumvent the rules, you steer clear of anyone who does not pass the smell test. Especially when you just ran out of town a man with an impeccable reputation in Tubby Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Uhm...programs also play a large part in recruiting. Historically, do you actually think Ohio State is on par with the basketball programs at Kansas or North Carolina?

Obviously, if called before a grand jury, I would have nothing to base it from. However, when a coach jumps from the A-10 and reels in the top player in the nation along with a nice supporting cast, you start to take notice.

When teams become too good too quick and all of the big name recruits are coming to play there, something is usually up.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I think Blimpie hit the nail on the head, but i'll add another point to this.

Roy Williams is a proven coach. Fifteen years at Kansas, an 80% winning percentage(third all time NCAA), nine regular season conference titles in thirteen years, and this is just at Kansas.

And not to mention, who wouldn't want to wear the baby blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Obviously, if called before a grand jury, I would have nothing to base it from. However, when a coach jumps from the A-10 and reels in the top player in the nation along with a nice supporting cast, you start to take notice.

When teams become too good too quick and all of the big name recruits are coming to play there, something is usually up.
    Ohio State has all the resources to get top notch basketball talent. They have better facilities than all but a few programs in the nation. It was just a matter of someone coming in and doing it. Thad has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Ohio State has all the resources to get top notch basketball talent. They have better facilities than all but a few programs in the nation. It was just a matter of someone coming in and doing it. Thad has done it.
    Yep, you will be hard pressed to find a program with better facilities and the ability to keep improving them. On WLW this morning UK fans were talking about this new 30 million dollar basketball complex they are building. Ohio State already has one, and if you have taken a stroll near the athletic buildings there you will see that they have a habit of improving facilities at a breakneck pace.

As for the baseless recruiting statements/accusations, this is the most open period ever for exposing fraud. The internet opens the windows into many shady backrooms. If they are doing something wrong they will be caught.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I mentioned this in the previous thread, but I am starting to wonder what skeletons are hiding in Mr. Matta's closet.

2006-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Greg Oden
    Mike Conley
    Daequan Cook*

Four Star:
    David Lighty*
    Othello Hunter

2007-
    Five Star Recruits:
    Kosta Koufos*

Four Star:
    Jon Diebler*
    Dallas Lauderdale*
    Evan Turner
    Eric Wallace

2008-
    Five Star-
    BJ Mullens*
    William Buford*
    Anthony Crater
    Luke Babbit

Four Star:
    Warren Offutt

* In state recruit.

Either Matta is a great recruiter, or something is going on in Columbus that could put the Buckeyes back on probation by the end of the decade.

While I don't want Matta anywhere near UK, the fact that he said no doesn'tmean much because he said Ihe wasn't up for the Ohio St job either.

I have stayed out of all the OSU bashing (for the most part) but this is just it. What in the world does this mean?!? I know you wrote "either Mattta is a great recruiter or ...." but come on. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for with OSU hoops (or football or whatever).... Whatever will make you feel happy. This is just silly at this point. The guy built some great recruiting classes off of momentum from a surprisingly successful season and now he's subject to all kinds of baseless accusations.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    Yeah, ten year old picture, about when UK had a good team too.
    Oh yeah KYRedsFan, this photo taken 5 months ago.
    Ten years hasnt changed her alot,has it?
    Same cant be said for UK though !

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Only time will tell about Matta and his recruiting tactics...Mine is more of a "scratch your head" type of curiosity.

Baseless accusations be damned...the guy straight up lied to a bunch of people when he took the OSU job. I mean, like, a Nick Saban caliber of lying.

Lying is deceit. Deceit begets deceit.

So, if you are UK...a program which has had a rich history of trying to circumvent the rules, you steer clear of anyone who does not pass the smell test. Especially when you just ran out of town a man with an impeccable reputation in Tubby Smith.
    Airtight case there.

Airtight case there.
    I dunno why you've gotta be snarky towards Blimpie, tr, b/c I don't think he purported to be making any sort of "case" whatsoever.

Just a "scratch your head type of curiousity."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I dunno why you've gotta be snarky towards Blimpie, tr, b/c I don't think he purported to be making any sort of "case" whatsoever.

Just a "scratch your head type of curiousity."
    His scratch your head curiosity was intended to cast a shadow of accusation.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    His scratch your head curiosity was intended to cast a shadow of accusation.
    I didn't read it that way.

Matta is a proven liar>> That's a fact.

His curiousity is based upon Matta's prior history... HOWEVER, he certainly didn't suppose to know any more than that.

Turn Off Ads?