Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Explained

Re: Reputation System Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    I have to agree with Springfield here. This should be individuals rating their peers, not lobbying to get "friends" into "the Gang". I'm not saying there is a gang, I'm just saying that this makes it look like that, and we all know that this will just add to the negativity. I think that our goal should be to get away from the talk of cliques and get to one group of fans.
    I can totally see where you guys are coming from on this. However, I thought the purpose of this was to basically "clean up" the board. Basically its a way for posters to "establish" their credibility on redszone before being allowed to post on the CRT forum. There are some posters that were not included as CRT members because they didn't register in 2000 or weren't subscribers, but have already established their credibility on redszone as valuable posters. If there are people that were included to post in the CRT forum that members don't feel have completely established their credibility, there is a way for those members to rate them negatively to express that as well. MWM was just making a list of people he thought fell into the "established credibility already, but not already added" category and sharing that list with other people, in the event others felt the same way about that poster. Its not like he has naked pictures of us that he's going to share with everyone, if we don't "rate" those people, he was just offering up a list of familar names.

This system is new for all of us. Hopefully, if it works the way it should, it will make redszone a better place. I know I personally am not going to rate another person unless I feel they absolutely deserve that rating, either good or bad, and I definately will not be rating someone just because someone tells me to.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    GIK, BOSS

Where is the integrity in this when a poster actually lobbies the group to vote for or against?

Your voting system is now very dubious. Objectivity has been a term that GIK was using, where is the objectivity if the above is occurring ?
    SF, I'm not sure we can stop that from occurring. That is why we set the level pretty high at 200. You would need 25-40 or so unique members to rate positively on a single user for them to hit 200 points for CRT access.

The intent of the system is to honor members who contribute to the RedsZone community with the ability to post at CRT.

Again, this system is brand new. Boss and I are learning along with everyone else.

-GIK

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    SF, I'm not sure we can stop that from occurring.
    -GIK
    Then what do you have GIK?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I can totally see where you guys are coming from on this. However, I thought the purpose of this was to basically "clean up" the board. Basically its a way for posters to "establish" their credibility on redszone before being allowed to post on the CRT forum. There are some posters that were not included as CRT members because they didn't register in 2000 or weren't subscribers, but have already established their credibility on redszone as valuable posters. If there are people that were included to post in the CRT forum that members don't feel have completely established their credibility, there is a way for those members to rate them negatively to express that as well. MWM was just making a list of people he thought fell into the "established credibility already, but not already added" category and sharing that list with other people, in the event others felt the same way about that poster. Its not like he has naked pictures of us that he's going to share with everyone, if we don't "rate" those people, he was just offering up a list of familar names.

This system is new for all of us. Hopefully, if it works the way it should, it will make redszone a better place. I know I personally am not going to rate another person unless I feel they absolutely deserve that rating, either good or bad, and I definately will not be rating someone just because someone tells me to.
    RL, great response, I hadn't thought of this, and agree that there are many individuals that didn't make the cut to CRF at the get go that deserve to be here for their efforts over the years. Thanks for clarifying. My point I guess is that those that have been around know who they are and should make that determination on their own. I understand that MWM had good intentions, all I'm saying is that it can easily be misconstrued and lead to exactly what we are trying to avoid.

Glenn Braggs

Quote Originally Posted by Red Thunder
    To make something like this more uncomfortable (I guess you can't prevent it), it should not be possible for someone to rate other posters who are on his/her ignore list. If you prefer not to read other peoples post, you also don't have the foundation to rate them fairly.
    Honestly, the more I think of the rating system, the less I like it. I have already been rated negative for this post, which isn't against any rules nor meant to cause trouble etc. .... so just because someone doesn't share my view enables him to get me kicked out of CRT over a longer period?

Apparently princeton even seems to look at this as a challenge, or how should I enterpret his response?

Please. Give me a break. There a few people who I have thoroughly enjoyed reading over the last couple of years and I mentioned to a few people that I'd like to see them get some votes. I also stated very clearly that it was just my opinion. Jeez!

Man, I love me some RedsZone drama.

Calm down. Nobody's stolen your car stereo, made out with your sister, drank the last beer in the fridge or fed your dog laxatives.

I think.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Reds Fan
    RL, great response, I hadn't thought of this, and agree that there are many individuals that didn't make the cut to CRF at the get go that deserve to be here for their efforts over the years. Thanks for clarifying. My point I guess is that those that have been around know who they are and should make that determination on their own. I understand that MWM had good intentions, all I'm saying is that it can easily be misconstrued and lead to exactly what we are trying to avoid.
    Yea, as I said, I completely understand how it could have been taken the wrong way, and if that would have been what I thought MWM was trying to do, I would have been right there with you complaining about it. To be honest, I really have no idea who was included and who wasn't. This whole thing is very "new" to me. I don't even know how to check to see if someone is able to post on the CRT forum or not.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Some folks did miss the cut, good folks too. As for negative rating on members of the CRT.

I think it's ridiculous, if someone proves to be a problem in there then it's the admin and mods call. Not the other monkeys in the cage.

As for climbing up the boards owners rear end to figure something out asap, might I suggest some patience and a little less drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Yea, as I said, I completely understand how it could have been taken the wrong way, and if that would have been what I thought MWM was trying to do, I would have been right there with you complaining about it. To be honest, I really have no idea who was included and who wasn't. This whole thing is very "new" to me. I don't even know how to check to see if someone is able to post on the CRT forum or not.
    Agreed RL, it seems after reading MWM's post this was blown way out of proportion, I apologize if I had something to do with that. I was talking more on the principal of what I thought than what MWM did.

As we've all said, it's a work in progress, it will evolve, something needed to be done, now it is. I applaud GIK and Boss for the changes and I'm confident that in the long run they will work for the best.

I think this system can work, but like some have mentioned, it's a work-in-progress.

Re: negative rankings, I'm not sure they need to be removed entirely, but I do see the point that actually removing someone from posting at CRT should be the decision of Boss and I (along with input from the mods). I may revise that "100 and you're gone" portion or just give it the boot.

One mans opinion.

A get rid of negative ratings, the lack of positive ratings speaks volumns in itself

Take the voting away from the masses and assign the task to a small group of CRT posters every week.

Don't tell anyone who is rating that week.

I'm up three for the day

even though this'll make it harder for me to get booted by July, I'm not totally disheartened. After all, the Reds also won their first series, and look at 'em now

note to self: start "Trade Wagner!" thread soon

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    A get rid of negative ratings, the lack of positive ratings speaks volumns in itself
    I agree with taking negative ratings away from those already in. But I don't agree with taking negative ratings away from those not already in. That makes it less likely to artificially get the votes needed to get in.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan
    Then what do you have GIK?
    No one is forcing me how to think. For you to think that, well... i dunno.

Turn Off Ads?