Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Explained

Re: Reputation System Explained

Quote:
    Is there a way to make the comment a mandatory field?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Yes - what are everyone's thoughts on that?
    I don't like it. I feel the voting will be more honest if it's kept confidential. I mean, who wants to get into an argument because they voted negative and that person takes it personally. After a couple of times, people may quit voting negatively all together and then you may be back where you started to begin with. And I have to agree with Woy, I'd post @$&#^*% instead of giving a reason or comment just because I don't like be forced to do anything. The way I look at voting negative is the same way I look at booing the players on the field, you have to keep doing something pretty bad for that to happen and no comment is necessary.

The comment field is there for people who choose to utilize it. If anyone wants to give props to a member of Live or offer encouragement, thats fine. If someone feels the need to offer constructive criticism, I think thats fine too. No need to make it mandatory. IMO
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why do we have to make a comment? Vote and be done with it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Well, if that person literally asked for it then you did them a favor. If you wanted to 'punish' that person then a positive vote would have done the trick. Except if that person were using reverse psychology, in which case you would have neged them so that their ploy to get positive points was snarfed out. OTOH, if that person were using reverse-reverse psychology....ummmm, nevermind. :
    You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line." Hahahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Why do we have to make a comment? Vote and be done with it.
    Well some people might not understand why they get a negative one, a little comment "You went a little negative on that topic" or something might help.
    Go Gators!

No one is asking anyone to leave their name in the comment field, just the reason for the comment.

I think it should be up to the giver to remain anonymous if they choose. There's a comment field if people want to put their names or comments there.

Leave it alone. Leave it private. Keep it honest.

It's like a curtain on a voting booth.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    No one is asking anyone to leave their name in the comment field, just the reason for the comment.
    It was mentioned earlier on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    It was mentioned earlier on the page.
    It was mentioned earlier that their name automatically appear when they vote. It was never mentioned/asked that anyone submit their name in the comments section. Two different things the way I am understanding it.

When you speak ill of someone, is it more honorable to say it to their face or say it behind their back?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    Quote:
    Is there a way to make the comment a mandatory field?

I don't like it. I feel the voting will be more honest if it's kept confidential. I mean, who wants to get into an argument because they voted negative and that person takes it personally. After a couple of times, people may quit voting negatively all together and then you may be back where you started to begin with. And I have to agree with Woy, I'd post @$&#^*% instead of giving a reason or comment just because I don't like be forced to do anything. The way I look at voting negative is the same way I look at booing the players on the field, you have to keep doing something pretty bad for that to happen and no comment is necessary.

The comment field is there for people who choose to utilize it. If anyone wants to give props to a member of Live or offer encouragement, thats fine. If someone feels the need to offer constructive criticism, I think thats fine too. No need to make it mandatory. IMO
    Well, why dont you just type "123" in the comment field then? Its a value and you arent saying anything constructive.

Do you want to have to deal with the animosity that will bleed onto the board when people start cat fights on here because it is known who left negative feedback?

If so, by all means. If you agree to make it mandatory to disclose usernames leaving negative feedback then there should be yet another rule making the discusion of it cause for banning on the forum. Meaning if someone gets mad and posts so-in-so (or even "somebody") left me negative feedback...yadda yadda yadda. Automatic suspension or banning. There are groups of friends here and if one of them gets "picked" on then others will retaliate. This will turn into an ugly mess.

Geesh TD, I blink and your rep is all the way up to 246....I spread the rep, where's my rep??

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Geesh TD, I blink and your rep is all the way up to 246....I spread the rep, where's my rep??
    If it would fit I would put something about Spreadin' the rep to those under 200! Too long though. If you think of something shorter lemme know!

So many great posts from Live only members...must go spread it there first!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn
    If it would fit I would put something about Spreadin' the rep to those under 200! Too long though. If you think of something shorter lemme know!

So many great posts from Live only members...must go spread it there first!
    Sorry to make you think it was a request for rep point, I didnt mean it that way.

Some CRT folks like your posts though, thats for sure. I saw someone was up to 295 already. WOW.

I didn't think that at all! I thought you were just teasing me about the "Spreadin' the rep" part!!

Turn Off Ads?