Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Explained

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Reputation System Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I have a question as well - if greens are positive, and reds are negative, why do I have two greys? They didn't add or deduct points, so I'm just wondering what they are for?
    It means someone with less than 50 posts (or a number set by the admin) ranked you. Could be a new member subscriber tried to rank you....

Gray means no harm no foul either way.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I agree RBA. Its too difficult to mount some conspiracy with others to bring a certain member down. To much work than its worth if you ask me.

Though I did get dinged twice on a post and It made me really wonder why. Sure my post could be viewed as slighty in bad taste, but it was obviously in jest. Oh well.

I think gray means a 0 net effect rating.

Just tossing out ideas here - what about this?

Can See Own Reputation
    This permission allows the user to see which members left the comments that appear in the user's User CP.
    It may be useful for some accountability, for those who have complained of baseless boosting/detracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I think gray means a 0 net effect rating.

Just tossing out ideas here - what about this?

It may be useful for some accountability, for those who have complained of baseless boosting/detracting.
    Accountability is a good thing, but the one problem I see with it is cases of "you negged me, so I'll neg you." Could lead to problems and animosity between posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan
    Accountability is a good thing, but the one problem I see with it is cases of "you negged me, so I'll neg you." Could lead to problems and animosity between posters.
    Valid point.

Can you set it to where CRT members can't leave negative or postive reps for fellow CRT members?

A lot of people are giving positives to people already in CRT. Granted if they do not have any poster they want moved I guess their votes are theirs to do with as they wish...it just seems silly to "waste" them on CRT members (IMO).

I think the negatives should stay for Live...and that once they hit a -50 they at least get a suspension or banned. A couple of people have just been testing you like a 3 year old tests its parents.

ps...as membership in here grows (over the coming weeks or months) at some point even though 5 seems like so few times to be able to vote a day I would limit it to 2-3 times later. Once you end up 500-700 or over a 1000 in here voting it could get nuts again.

Just thinking ahead.

Me Again!!! :

Is there a way to make the comment a mandatory field? Not that you have to give your name, but just a reason why you are giving negative or positive feedback?

If we stick with the negative ranking, I say it should be mandatory but if its positive, it shouldnt be...although that means some modding to the script.

Can you set it to where CRT members can't leave negative or postive reps for fellow CRT members?
    No way to differentiate between different user groups.

Is there a way to make the comment a mandatory field?
    Yes - what are everyone's thoughts on that?

I'm sorry, I thought you meant you could not allow Positive, but stop Negative in the CRT forum. I am lacking sleep.

I don't care for the comment field, I won't fill it out with anything but nonsense as an act of civil disobedience.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Since some ratings are proving a source of bafflement, the mandatory comments could be helpful.

I think the anonymous ratings allow for more candor. I prefer to get candid assessments of my posts.
    /r/reds

Dump the negatives. Stick with the positives. However, if someone is going to vote a negative make them standup and be counted. Make them post their name and why they voted negative. Anything less is cowardly. Additionally, if someone has to explain why they voted negative they just might realize that it's about something personal and not necessarilly objective. They just might decide not to vote that negative if they need a good reason to do so. At that point I believe the person being 'negatated' should have the right to go to a mod and say, 'this is wrong' and, if he makes a good case, have the negative point removed.

Rem

PS. Whew! Just re-read what I wrote and, even though I believe it that's a whole heck of a lot of work! Just dump the negative votes and skip the rest!

Queen Christine

Yes I most definetly think that the people that vote negatively should have to put their names and why.

Turn Off Ads?