Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Explained

Re: Reputation System Explained

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I worry people seeing the points will lead to a lot of "Please vote for me" and "yer rep is lower then mine! you suck" type stuff, even among CRT people.

IMO
    Or voting blocs!
    Hey Krono, I accidently repped you up a couple times yesterday before I knew what I was doing. So be nice to me or I'll negativize you.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If we had had this system during last year's election, when politcal posting was running wild, a whole bunch of people here, on all sides of the political spectrum, would probably had a negative "reputation" by now. When emotions run high, I can see a lot of negative rating as a result.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Somebody just gave me a negative for using a "bad" word. I feel like Howard Stern dealing with the FCC. And I've written some great posts without getting any positive ratings. Can we buy some points if we need to?

Amazingly, I turned on the TV and heard the same word on "Law and Order" .

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    IMO it'd be hard to reach that level (as negative points are assessed at 50% of positive, i.e. it'd take a long time). .
    I might be up for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    I might be up for the challenge.
    Would take ticking off a lot of people
    Go Gators!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    If we had had this system during last year's election, when politcal posting was running wild, a whole bunch of people here, on all sides of the political spectrum, would probably had a negative "reputation" by now. When emotions run high, I can see a lot of negative rating as a result.
    Remember, the country is split and most likely, so is this board... positives would outweigh the negative because the negatives are 50% as much as positives. No worries!

I would like to use this post to humbly campaign for your negative reputation points. If you just feel like you have to 'ding' someone, ding me. It is my goal to get to an "infamous" rating.

I know it'll take some work, and a lot of time, but I feel that if I stick to my guns and keep my nose to the grindstone, I can be the first person on this board with a negative reputation.

So have at me! Drag me into the mire!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I would like to use this post to humbly campaign for your negative reputation points. If you just feel like you have to 'ding' someone, ding me. It is my goal to get to an "infamous" rating.

I know it'll take some work, and a lot of time, but I feel that if I stick to my guns and keep my nose to the grindstone, I can be the first person on this board with a negative reputation.

So have at me! Drag me into the mire!
    Just for that I was going to drag you up but I'm already out of points for today
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Just for that I was going to drag you up but I'm already out of points for today
    Jerk. :
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Jerk. :
    That post violated Rule 5. I'm going to report you to a moderator......wait, you ARE a moderator!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

copycat.

I defended Gullett and Graves yesterday, and wound up positive. Go figure (I did get one red mark for my pro-Reitsma stance )

but Richard Hand could dip below zero within an hour, without shameless campaigning. He'd be like Pete Rose on 60 minutes

You know what your problem is, princeton?

You're too subtle.
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

You're too subtle.
    Ding Dong the Witch is Dead?

I had the following response typed up:

Upon further review, GIK and I have decided that CRT posters can NOT be rated negatively but the negative rating (which again, is weighted at 50% of a positive rating) will remain in place for non CRT members. I guess I think that's necessary as a system of checks and balances and so that EVERYONE doesn't eventually get in and then we're right back at square one with the same problems we were having before.

That means that no one who gets in to CRT can lose access via a decline in points, but rest assured, suspensions and bans will remain in place for those who warrant them.

However, then I realized that there's no built in option to disallow negative feedback about a group - only an option for a specific user group to leave negative reputation. As I said above, I do think a system of checks and balances needs to exist but I don't want this to get tacky to the point that users are negatively rating others for personal reasons. As best I can see, the only option we have is to allow or not allow you guys to negatively rate others. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Turn Off Ads?