Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Explained

Re: Reputation System Explained

Allow it - if someone is childish enough for a personal vendetta, well, what are you gonna do. I think it should stay so that we keep the checks and balances on allowing trolls to the board.

Of course that is just my opinion, and I have yet, and probably never will, negativize anyone, but its a good option to have.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the negative ratings are ok to have in there.

I'd turn off all negatives, at least for now..the system is new and people are going crazy with it a bit, maybe trying to neg people they have always had a problem with.

Let the everyone get used to it, the newness wear off then bring back the negatives.
    Go Gators!

I would like "negativized" points to be done away with.

I haven't left any negativized points for anyone yet, but I started typing my user name in the comments field of the rep points so that if anyone has any questions, they can PM me. I'd like to see others do the same so that I know who left me positive or negative points and we can discuss it privately.

If the option is either to turn it off for everyone, or keep it on for everyone, I'd probably rather see it done away with. That way, if a certain person doesn't deserve rep points, they don't get "dinged", you just give one of the 5 you get per day to someone else, if someone else deserves them. Those that are "trouble" won't go anywhere beyond 10 points anyway, so there's no point in taking away points for them, in my opinion.

Creates a better atmosphere on the board if there are no negative points given out as well, in my opinion.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I like knowing what others think about my posts, good and bad.

Sometimes good apples go bad. A little peer pressure might keep the apple from rotting.
    /r/reds

negatives are only half credit. It takes quite some time to be able to rate the same person multiple times, whether positive, or negative. We can, to a certain degree, monitor for harrassment and abuse of the system.

I have a question as well - if greens are positive, and reds are negative, why do I have two greys? They didn't add or deduct points, so I'm just wondering what they are for?
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

I see it as a little too Posse IMO.

I'd lose the negative rating, apathy to a post speaks pretty loud and if you're a pest the mods will hear about it before you can garnish enough negative points.

Lack of movement in positive ratings is a negative rating in itself. Having the ability to see that you got dinged in a certain thread leads to jumps in conclusions on who the culprit was, annoucements to the board that Hey I got screwed, etc.

I'd leave the negatives. If someone wants to waste a vote on a CRT member by voting negative, let them. It won't make any difference as it will be darn near impossible to get to 100 or below. Even so, the easy fix is to mke it policy that once you're in CRT, you stay no matter how many negative votes you get. Then it's absolutely pointless to vote negative on a CRT member.

But I think negative votes are necessary for non-CRT members. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I have a question as well - if greens are positive, and reds are negative, why do I have two greys? They didn't add or deduct points, so I'm just wondering what they are for?
    When did the grays occur?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    One yesterday at 8 in the morning, and one today at noon.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I know I got one in the Monday game thread, I don't have a link now though.
    Go Gators!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm just wondering what my reputation # is. Nice system, btw.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I don't see how any one person can abuse this system and bring someone down to under the 100 pt cutoff. If you can't rate someone until you rate 15 others, that's your safety net right there. The only way to do it is have a collective group of at least 5 members who have PT rights to knock someone down. Even at that rate it's still like 15-30 points at the most. And in that case, most of us would come to the "victims" defense and post positive pts. and easily gain those pts back with no problem at all.

I understand the negative feelings people could have if they started with 200 pts and go down to 197 pts. But other posters see this and bring that poster back up very quicklly. The potential to abuse the system is really not there, unless someone considers a 3-8 pt drop a whoopdeedoo.

It all comes back around anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I'm just wondering what my reputation # is. Nice system, btw.
    Listed on the right below your post count.

Well if most of us agree negatives don't do much damage why not just get rid of them all together?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?