MLB is looking pretty stupid here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Biggio in flap with MLB over pin

That might be the dumbest thing I have heard as well. After twenty years of doing this, at this point what does it matter? Does it show authoritive figure? Did they suddenly care enough to say something? Can they not make money off of this?

One a side note...after reading this..

"The league has a code where they watch what's on the uniforms and I don't know the full extent of it, but evidently the Sunshine Kids pin is not part of it," he said.

As for the game, Astros starter Chris Sampson, vying for the fifth spot in the rotation, allowed 12 hits and 10 runs in 2 1-3 innings. He gave up a home run in the first to Jesus Flores.
    I thought to myself Biggio was yelled at from the great unknown, and Sampson got owned by Jesus. So I chuckled.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    Can they not make money off of this?

That's it right there. If he were wearing a Nike pin or a Pepsi pin or a Spiderman 3 pin, they wouldn't have problem 1 with it. If this was the first time he did this and got called on the carpet because of it, that's one thing. But letting him do it for all these years and all of a sudden putting the kibosh on it would be like, oh, I don't know, taking away Extra Innings from fans who have had it all these years.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's it right there. If he were wearing a Nike pin or a Pepsi pin or a Spiderman 3 pin, they wouldn't have problem 1 with it. If this was the first time he did this and got called on the carpet because of it, that's one thing. But letting him do it for all these years and all of a sudden putting the kibosh on it would be like, oh, I don't know, taking away Extra Innings from fans who have had it all these years.
    No kidding.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Wow, as someone who works in the mental health field, I think I can say with authority that this is retarded.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?