Turn Off Ads?

Thread: sunroom addition

sunroom addition

I've been thinking of adding on a sunroom sometime this summer. That said, has anyone else done this recently? If so, could you share your experiences with the process? I'm just in the beginning stages now, so haven't done much more than look at some pictures. I'm not even sure if it will be a three or four season room at this time, though to save some money, it will probably end up being just three. Anyway, I already have a 15 x 15 patio off the kitchen, so the base foundation is already there. If you or someone you know has recently done this, I would certainly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: sunroom addition

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    I've been thinking of adding on a sunroom sometime this summer. That said, has anyone else done this recently? If so, could you share your experiences with the process? I'm just in the beginning stages now, so haven't done much more than look at some pictures. I'm not even sure if it will be a three or four season room at this time, though to save some money, it will probably end up being just three. Anyway, I already have a 15 x 15 patio off the kitchen, so the base foundation is already there. If you or someone you know has recently done this, I would certainly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
    But in Chicago, you only have two season - Hot and Cold.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    But in Chicago, you only have four season - Hot, Cold, Windy and Cubs Suck.
    Fixed it. :

We are in the process of adding on basically a 15' x 30' sun room addition. One thing to keep in mind if you choose to use it year round is if your furnace is big enought to heat the room. If it isnt you can still go year round but instead install a wall baseboard type heat unit. The wall unit is really the best way to go because it likely is cheaper than running duct out to your room.

Also if you live in a housing addition make sure your room will meet the convenants that are required by your association.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?