Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ST Report 3/25

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

ST Report 3/25

South Beach is just as much fun as last time I was here.

Went to the Astros vs Mets game today. The Mets really did not show up if you ask me. They got hammered today. Jeff Bagwell made the trip. His hair is really long and he looks like a bag lady! David wright tanked at least two or three balls to his left and skipped two balls to 1B. Milledge got nailed on the hand and went down kicking and screaming. I had the great fortune to sit with Omar Minaya and the Mets ownership group. Mr. Wilpon was in attendance and was very gracious. Enjoy the pic attached. I will be going back tomorrow night. Dodgers and Mets.

Ohhh and while I was working out at Gold's gym this morning some golfer named Tiger Woods dropped in with his expecting wife. Tiger could not have been nicer. I hope he comes back tomorrow. Doubtful since he won at Doral today and is probably back home on his Island. I did not have my phone or camera anywhere close. Tomorrow I will at least have my phone to take a quick pic. Dude works out harder than most of the guys who were in there including me.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: ST Report 3/25

Hey TC, Thanks for the report. Always interesting. Is that Fred or Jeff in the photo? I'm not too familiar with the Wilpons and would like to know exactly who you're rubbing elbows with there. Shame about not having the camera phone at the gym...good journalists have to be prepared because you never know when the story is going to confront you. I suspected that Tiger's workout regime was a little tougher than ole Bobby Jones', but nice to have an eyewitness confirmation.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Hey TC, Thanks for the report. Always interesting. Is that Fred or Jeff in the photo? I'm not too familiar with the Wilpons and would like to know exactly who you're rubbing elbows with there. Shame about not having the camera phone at the gym...good journalists have to be prepared because you never know when the story is going to confront you. I suspected that Tiger's workout regime was a little tougher than ole Bobby Jones', but nice to have an eyewitness confirmation.
    That picture is with Mets GM Omar Minaya. I sat with Omar again this evening. His special guest was none other than Tommy Lasorda. What an absolute treat that was. Listening to Tommy evaluate "his" Dodgers was enlightening. Great guy. Tommy was getting a little uncomfortable with all the picture and autograph requests so I passed on the picture opportunity. Just good enough to be there.

No Tiger at the Gym this AM. He had already left on his Yacht. Must be nice.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Must....stop....envying you.....

Nope! Can't do it. you da man. thanks for the report
    Witty signature.

I can't believe you're wearing a Yankee shirt!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I can. Omar let me know about it on more than one occasion. Mr. Wilpon gave it a look but never said anything.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Ohhh and while I was working out at Gold's gym this morning some golfer named Tiger Woods dropped in with his expecting wife. Tiger could not have been nicer. I hope he comes back tomorrow. Doubtful since he won at Doral today and is probably back home on his Island. I did not have my phone or camera anywhere close. Tomorrow I will at least have my phone to take a quick pic. Dude works out harder than most of the guys who were in there including me.

Why would Tiger need to work out at a public gym? Seems to me he'd have all the equipment he needs in his $45mill house.

You would think so. Then again his house is 3 1/2 hours from Miami. Not sure he would commute just to work out. He brought his Yacht into the harbor. I doubt he has a lot of gym equipment on his yacht. Best I can figure.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    BLASPHEMER! INFIDEL!
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    BLASPHEMER! INFIDEL!
    You underestimate the power of the dark side young skywalker.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    You underestimate the power of the dark side young skywalker.
    "I'LL NEVER JOIN YOU!"

Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You'd probably wear a Yankee shirt if they paid you.

I would.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    You'd probably wear a Yankee shirt if they paid you.

I would.
    I would too.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?