Turn Off Ads?

Thread: PTBNL from KC???

PTBNL from KC???

Who did we ever get from KC for Jason LaRue? Or are we still waiting?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: PTBNL from KC???

Still Waiting

Cold Cash
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'm sure the more he plays the better the return.

www.examiner.net/stories/031907/spo_031907033.shtml

The Kansas City Royals' catching race between John Buck and Jason LaRue is still too close for manager Buddy Bell to call.

Bell said Sunday he doesn't know who will be behind the plate for the April 2 opener against Boston, but whoever doesn't start that game will be in the lineup for the next one.

At the start of the season, Bell's plan is to alternate Buck, who has started the past 2 1/2 seasons, and LaRue, who started five years for the Cincinnati Reds and was acquired in an offseason trade.

"They are kind of even, neck-and-neck," Bell said.

Buck, who is 26 and was one of the three players the Royals acquired in the Carlos Beltran trade in 2004, went 1-for-2 with a walk and strikeout Sunday in a 6-5 loss to the San Francisco Giants. He is hitting .316 in nine spring training games.

LaRue, who turns 33 on Monday, is hitting .381 in six games with a team-leading three home runs and two doubles. He hit just .194 in 72 games with the Reds last year after having arthroscopic right knee surgery in spring training.

"I think right now we're going to find time for both of them," Bell said. "We like both of them. They've both played very well. I think both of them played better than I anticipated."

Don't we also owe them a PTBNL for Keppinger? Or was he just a waiver pick up

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm sure the more he plays the better the return.

www.examiner.net/stories/031907/spo_031907033.shtml
    Is that the case? I thought the system was the players are basically agreed to from a group and then the receiving team ultimately selections the one they want from that list. Generally, IIRC, the hold up is sometimes waiting on players who aren't eligible for trading until after June 1st (1st year draftees). Also, I guess it's possible the receiving team is waiting to see how the players do in Spring Training.

Am I misunderstanding the situation?

Is that the case? I thought the system was the players are basically agreed to from a group and then the receiving team ultimately selections the one they want from that list.
    I think teams can come up with select groups that might be based on level of performances. Say he wins the starting job and gets 450 ab's, the Royals might have a guy that they were going to pull back if LaRue didn't succeed at all, in the case of 450 ab's they might not have the option to take him of the table.

But then again I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I think teams can come up with select groups that might be based on level of performances. Say he wins the starting job and gets 450 ab's, the Royals might have a guy that they were going to pull back if LaRue didn't succeed at all, in the case of 450 ab's they might not have the option to take him of the table.

But then again I could be wrong.
    I thought teams only had 6 months to name a PTBNL so they couldn't wait until the end of the year to pick a player.

1 year.

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like you could be right about the limit being 6 months.
    Last edited by Redsland; 03-26-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: oops.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Don't we also owe them a PTBNL for Keppinger? Or was he just a waiver pick up

On January 2, 2007, Keppinger was designated for assignment by the Royals. Eight days later, Keppinger was traded to the Cincinnati Reds. In return, the Royals received Minor League pitcher Russ Haltiwanger.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    On January 2, 2007, Keppinger was designated for assignment by the Royals. Eight days later, Keppinger was traded to the Cincinnati Reds. In return, the Royals received Minor League pitcher Russ Haltiwanger.
    I'm happy to see Jason doing well so far. IIRC you and I were amoung the few LaRue supporters left here at RZ last season.

Turn Off Ads?