Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dayton Dragons update for Monday

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Dayton Dragons update for Monday

This is from a Dayton Dragons Press Release on daytondragons.com
    The Dragons got some pitching help from the big league club and AA Chattanooga, limiting the Hickory Crawdads, the South Atlantic League affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates to five hits and one run picking up a 3-1 victory Monday afternoon at the Reds Minor League Complex in Sarasota, Florida .

Rheal Cormier (Cincinnati Reds) got the start for the Dragons and tossed a scoreless inning of baseball with one strikeout. 2006 Dragons starting pitcher Johnny Cueto (AA Chattanooga) was next on the mound pitching 4.0 innings of one hit, five strikeout, one walk relief, limiting the Crawdads to just two base runners. 2004 Dragon Tyler Pelland (AA Chattanooga) threw 3.0 innings of four hit baseball, allowing the lone run on the afternoon. Travis Webb, a potential Dragon for 2007 finished off the afternoon with a pair of strikeouts in the ninth inning to close out the game.

Former University of Cincinnati Bearcat standout Logan Parker paced the Dragons offensively with a pair of RBI including the game winner in the bottom of the eighth inning on a SAC Fly breaking a one all tie. Parker got the Dragons on the board in the bottom of the third inning with an RBI single. The Dragons added an insurance run in the two run eighth on a run scoring wild pitch.

Dragons catcher Eddy Rodriguez picked up a double to center field and controlled the Crawdads running game, throwing out a pair of would be base stealers. Outfielder Carson Kainer chipped in offensively with a base hit on the day, as Crawdad pitching held the Dragons to a handful of hits.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dayton Dragons update for Monday

Sounds like Cueto will begin the season in Chattanooga. Not too surprising really. He seemed to conquer High-A after struggling in his first couple starts.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 03-26-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Bats Fall to Tribe, 12-6
    Louisville Bats

Bradenton, FL - The Louisville Bats fell to the Indianapolis Indians 12-6 in exhibition baseball on Monday afternoon.

Steve Kelly started for Louisville and gave up seven runs on eight hits over three innings of work. Wes Wilkerson allowed no runs in 1 2/3 innings of work and Brad Salmon pitched a perfect frame of relief.

Dan Conway led the Bats offense, going 1-for-2 with a grand slam. Earl Snyder was 1-for-4 with an RBI and Chris Dickerson went 1-for-3 with a run scored.

Louisville will play an intrasquad game tomorrow against the Chattanooga Lookouts at the Reds Minor League complex in Sarasota.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t416

Good to see Cueto starting in AA. I wonder if he pitches well, how long the Reds will wait to put him in AAA. I still stand by the fact that he has better control of all his pitches then Homer does.

Don't want to rush him though.

I was attending the AAA and AA games today. The wind was blowing out big time for AAA and in big time for AA. Everything Kelley threw got lofted and out of the park.

Over at AA Avery threw 4 scoreless inngs and looked good.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I was attending the AAA and AA games today. The wind was blowing out big time for AAA and in big time for AA. Everything Kelley threw got lofted and out of the park.

Over at AA Avery threw 4 scoreless inngs and looked good.
    Did Votto play?

no. Guttierrez played 1st for AA and that Cosme guy for AAA

These games are a little strange. AA Reds had 11 man lineup. Both AA and AAA had "db" (designated bunters) Avery and Bailey. Anytime the leadoff hitter go on, they went up to bunt. Bailey said he is a "poopy" bunter. Figure out the real word.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-26-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?