Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: I love my team...

  1. #1
    Reds Slacker '07 RedsMan3203's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,784

    I love my team...

    **Atleast someone does**

    Bengie Molina - C
    Gary Sheffield - 1st
    Jeff Kent - 2nd
    Eric Chávez -3rd
    Jimmy Rollins - SS
    Ichiro Suzuki, Nick Swisher, Eric Byrnes - OF
    Richie Sexson - DH

    Joe Crede, Orlando Hudson, Chris Duffy, Edwin Encarnación - Bench

    Scoring - R(1), HR(3), RBI(1), SB(3)


    Pitching

    Johan Santana - SP
    Roy Oswalt - SP
    Joe Nathan - CP
    Chris Ray - CP
    Jered Weaver - P
    Justin Verlander - P
    José Valverde - P
    Ian Snell - Bench

    Scoring - W(7), SV(4), K(2)
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

    Jockstocks Homepage

    Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: I love my team...

    I definitely like your pitching staff.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    167

    Re: I love my team...

    How about this team:

    c - Mike Piazza
    1b - Mark Teixeira
    2b - Rickie Weeks
    3b - David Wright
    ss - Hanley Ramirez
    of - Matt Holliday
    of - Ichiro Suzuki
    of - Lance Berkman (1b)
    Util - Paul Konerko (1b)

    Bench - Ramon Hernandez - c
    Bench - Freddy Sanchez - 2b, 3b, ss
    Bench - Mark Teahen - 3b, of

    Starting Pitchers
    Chris Carpenter
    Jake Peavy
    Felix Hernandez
    Ben Sheets
    Dan Haren
    Rich Harden

    Closers
    Tom Gordon
    Trevor Hoffman
    Eric Gagne
    Dustin Hermanson

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,817

    Re: I love my team...

    chett, that is a GREAT team!!!
    Go BLUE!!!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    508

    Re: I love my team...

    Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    How about this team:

    c - Mike Piazza
    1b - Mark Teixeira
    2b - Rickie Weeks
    3b - David Wright
    ss - Hanley Ramirez
    of - Matt Holliday
    of - Ichiro Suzuki
    of - Lance Berkman (1b)
    Util - Paul Konerko (1b)

    Bench - Ramon Hernandez - c
    Bench - Freddy Sanchez - 2b, 3b, ss
    Bench - Mark Teahen - 3b, of

    Starting Pitchers
    Chris Carpenter
    Jake Peavy
    Felix Hernandez
    Ben Sheets
    Dan Haren
    Rich Harden

    Closers
    Tom Gordon
    Trevor Hoffman
    Eric Gagne
    Dustin Hermanson
    Please tell me you only have like 3 teams in this league...this team is unreal.

  7. #6
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: I love my team...

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Please tell me you only have like 3 teams in this league...this team is unreal.
    Max of 5 teams in the league. That is the only way that should be able to happen. If there are more, then all the owners except chett have never watched baseball in their lives.
    Matta = Really good

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Greentown, IN
    Posts
    167

    Re: I love my team...

    This is a 10-team league. I drafted 7th. I picked up Ben Sheets after the draft as a free agent. Then, another team released Jake Peavy. I was dead last on the waiver wire & still picked him up. If I don't win this league, I should quit.

  9. #8
    Member Buckeye33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: I love my team...

    Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    This is a 10-team league. I drafted 7th. I picked up Ben Sheets after the draft as a free agent. Then, another team released Jake Peavy. I was dead last on the waiver wire & still picked him up. If I don't win this league, I should quit.
    Wow, that is incredibly sad and would almost seem boring to play in a league that bad.
    Matta = Really good

  10. #9
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: I love my team...

    Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    If I don't win this league, I should quit.
    no offense but I think you should quit now, seems like a giant waste of time
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

  11. #10
    Puffy's Daddy Red Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Centerville, OH
    Posts
    20,422

    Re: I love my team...

    Sometimes its fun to play in a league like that where you totally dominate everyone. It's not as much work to do the upkeep but you still get the experience of playing fantasy baseball. Not saying that's for everyone, but I've enjoyed playing in 8 team leagues on the side where I'm able to get ALL of my favorite players at each position. It also makes trading more fun. Screw up a trade and deal Ryan Howard for Rich Harden, who goes on the DL. No big deal. Jason Giambi's a free agent. Less stress. Sometimes, it's welcomed.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

    Your Mom is happy.

  12. #11
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: I love my team...

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Sometimes its fun to play in a league like that where you totally dominate everyone. It's not as much work to do the upkeep but you still get the experience of playing fantasy baseball. Not saying that's for everyone, but I've enjoyed playing in 8 team leagues on the side where I'm able to get ALL of my favorite players at each position. It also makes trading more fun. Screw up a trade and deal Ryan Howard for Rich Harden, who goes on the DL. No big deal. Jason Giambi's a free agent. Less stress. Sometimes, it's welcomed.

    Understood RL, but I would have no interest in a league where Ben Sheets goes undrafted and somebody drops Jake Peavy. Those things shouldn't happen in a 2-team league much less 8 or 10. Lack of knowledge means lack of competition which to me = wasted time and effort.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25