Turn Off Ads?

Thread: George Mason a year later

George Mason a year later

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_...yhoo&type=lgns

I won't post the article because it's 4 pages but it is an extremely interesting read.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: George Mason a year later

jist? (sorry I'm lazy)
    School's out. What did you expect?

Thoughts of big paydays danced in their heads. European basketball is another reality.

It's a good read.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Good read. Thanks!

It is a good read, but really it's interesting to look at expectations.

If you had asked them in 2005 if they would play basketball professionally for $8,000/month. How many of them do you think would have jumped at the chance.

For a recent college graduate, $48,000/year really isn't too bad.

I know sports make us all go gaga over the salaries, but the asst. coach was right, they did make themselves a lot of money. Without the tournament run, they may not have had the chance to play professionally at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    It is a good read, but really it's interesting to look at expectations.

If you had asked them in 2005 if they would play basketball professionally for $8,000/month. How many of them do you think would have jumped at the chance.

For a recent college graduate, $48,000/year really isn't too bad.

I know sports make us all go gaga over the salaries, but the asst. coach was right, they did make themselves a lot of money. Without the tournament run, they may not have had the chance to play professionally at all.

The other thing that many people don't realize about European pro teams is that they pay nearly 100% of all living expenses during the season. Rent, transportation, food, gym memberships, language classes, activities for wives and families. It's really not a bad way to be.

Not sure I'd want to play in Eastern Europe or the Middle East, however.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?