Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone watch House?

Does anyone watch House?

I've really started to like this show over the past few years and it seems to really stand out in the current TV landscape. In my opinion Hugh Laurie does a phenomonal job as House in portraying a complex character that you both love and hate at the same time. As I've become increasingly frustrated with Lost this show has become my favorite show. Its nice to have a show that doesn't necessarily carry the same storyline from week to week. I know the medicine is a little sensational but I love the sly humor and interestingly plot lines of this show. Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does anyone watch House?

My wife absolutely loves the show. I generally watch it with her and find the show entertaining.

*paging Roy Tucker*
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yep, big fan of the show and have watched it from the start. Great writing and Hugh Laurie is brilliant.

I think sweetstop is a big fan too.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I have only seen one episode recently...It was the one where Dave Matthews guest-starred playing an "savant-like" piano player.

That episode--and especially Matthews--was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I have only seen one episode recently...It was the one where Dave Matthews guest-starred playing an "savant-like" piano player.

That's the only one I've see also. And I agree.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

On the brink of disaster

House? Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a fan of that particular show.. I've been watching it since the beginning. I've yet to grow tired of it. The acting is phenominal along with the writing. Dave Matthews was amazing. It takes a lot of talent to take a music star of that caliber and make the viewer buy the fact that they aren't watching Dave Matthews. I was sucked in.

Not sure I like the Cameron/Chase relationship this year. I can't see it ending well.

Especially since Chase now seems a smitten lad with his puppy dog picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post

That should win an Emmy. It really should.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Not sure I like the Cameron/Chase relationship this year. I can't see it ending well.

Especially since Chase now seems a smitten lad with his puppy dog picture.
    I agree. Why is it that writers think there must be a love element? The only negatives about this show are the romantic elements. First, House and the lawyer chick and now this. Oh yeah, and I really didn't like the Tritter episodes.

I have started watching this series recently. It's a lot better than most of the other crap on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I agree. Why is it that writers think there must be a love element? The only negatives about this show are the romantic elements. First, House and the lawyer chick and now this. Oh yeah, and I really didn't like the Tritter episodes.

I like the show and watch it when I can. But I agree about the romantic sub-plots. I'm not sure about the Tritter episodes. David Morse was great but it seemed to overshadow the show. As much as I like the House character, it wasn't a totally bad idea to see him get knocked down a peg or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I liked the Tritter episodes but didn't like how they ended up. I sorta liked House getting a comeuppance.

But it was like the writers realized they had painted themselves into a corner and didn't know how to resolve it. So they just had House pretend to be all rehabilitated when he really wasn't.

I've watched this show from the beginning as well. I love it because it's different.

I disagree with whomever said there's just a bunch of crap on nowadays... either that or I like all the "crap" as their are several shows that I follow on a regular basis, usually by taping them.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I promise I'm not a scrooge, but these shows just bore me. I am absolutely desensitized to hospital shows, crime shows...

Watch TNT for 4 hours and you get over it all really quick.

Anyhoo- shows like House and Law and Order (the one with Vince Denofrio) seem so manipulated that I can't get into them. The writers basically take one genius and surround him with a bunch of dummies who make him look even smarter.

Need a confession? Old Vincent D to the rescue, as he saves the taxpayers of New York millions of dollars a year by extracting a simple confession through some mental trick that would make a Jedi proud.

Or if you're House, you work with a bunch of doctors who constantly misdiagnose things only you can solve. My question is this: why not have House be the only doctor and then hire a bunch of nurses to carry out his orders since he seems to be the only one that knows anything.

Turn Off Ads?