Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan and UK...

Re: Billy Donovan and UK...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I thought you meant the Memphis Tigers.
    Me too. And then I wondered why I hadn't heard anything about Calipari.
    Last edited by paintmered; 04-04-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    Looks like Memphis has offered Donovan $5 million per to come coach them. According to this article UK has decided to up their offer to $4 million a year.

http://www.wlky.com/news/11518890/detail.html
    The Article:
    LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The Lexington CBS affiliate WKYT reports that Billy Donovan, the top choice to replace Tubby Smith as head men’s basketball coach at the University of Kentucky, has been offered a $5 million per year contract from the NBA’s Memphis Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies are currently the worst team in the NBA with a 19-57 record.

Sources have told WLKY that Donovan is expected to reject the offer, and that UK has offered Donovan $4 million to coach the Wildcats.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I think Nolan Richardson is available.
    Dude, seriously, I just ate.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Dude, seriously, I just ate.
    I'm just trying to help the Wildcats out.

Yeah you and Razor are just regular sweetie pies aren't ya... how nice of our Hoosier friends to be so willing to assist us in our coaching search!!

With friends like these...

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yeah you and Razor are just regular sweetie pies aren't ya... how nice of our Hoosier friends to be so willing to assist us in our coaching search!!

With friends like these...
    Hey, what are friends for?

Ricardo Patton is looking for work too. He's WAY underrated as a coach...

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Different subject altogether, but I'm not convinced that Noah will be a very good pro. He'll get drafted, but I don't see him as a lottery pick. If anything, he hurt his value this year.
    If I were a pro team give me Noah any day of the week. High energy, does the little things like rebounds and passes well, always hustles.

Kinda like Renaldo Balkman, only with talent.

I hate Isiah
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    If I were a pro team give me Noah any day of the week. High energy, does the little things like rebounds and passes well, always hustles.

I hate Isiah

That's fine. But he's not a top-5 pick, IMO.

I hate Isiah, too. But Balkman's played halfway decent (or at least he looks halfway decent with the other assortment of 'talent' around him) At least he plays hard.

That's fine. But he's not a top-5 pick, IMO.

I hate Isiah, too. But Balkman's played halfway decent (or at least he looks halfway decent with the other assortment of 'talent' around him) At least he plays hard.
    Well, that depends on the team. Noah is never going to be a superstar, on that I agree. But he will be an above average NBAer and is a much safer pick than a guy like either of the Wright boys (Julian or Brandon). Now I really like the Wright boys, especially Brandon as I am a UNC fan, but right now they are solely talent based picks, Noah is a guy who can come in and start almost right away. Plus give you energy. And rebounds. And 10 points a night.

As for Balkman, he's OK I guess. Still not worth the 21st pick in the draft. Not when he'd have been around at 29.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

As for Balkman, he's OK I guess. Still not worth the 21st pick in the draft. Not when he'd have been around at 29.
    I agree. They could've had the PG Williams (that's on the Nets) at 21 and Balkman at 29. The Balkman pick has overshadowed the useless PG from Temple who they took at 29...who's name escapes me.

I don't know why a subject myself to watching the Knicks. It'd be like watching the Reds if Milton started every game and Danny Graves was the closer.

I agree. They could've had the PG Williams (that's on the Nets) at 21 and Balkman at 29. The Balkman pick has overshadowed the useless PG from Temple who they took at 29...who's name escapes me.

I don't know why a subject myself to watching the Knicks. It'd be like watching the Reds if Milton started every game and Danny Graves was the closer.
    Marde Collins. He's just useless.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I thought you meant the Memphis Tigers.
    Sorry about that I should have been more specific. I can't decide if it's good or bad the more this search drags on. Worse case is this things goes on three weeks Donovan decides to stay or go pro and in the mean time Patterson and Lucas get tired of waiting and commit elsewhere. Then on top of that we get stuck with someone like Few or Crean.
    Last edited by cincy jacket; 04-04-2007 at 05:24 PM.

I hate Isiah

Noah could've been the top pick last year but decided to stay and win another ring. . . which is fine by me. But he lost a lot on the draft boards by staying because I think he regressed as the year went along.

If a team valued a high-energy guy so much, Mark Madsen would've been a lottery pick. Ironically, Mark Madsen is still a better dancer than Noah.

Draft express has Noah going to the Sixers at #6. They have the Suns with the #4 pick... I could see them picking Noah, but I don't about that early.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Draft express has Noah going to the Sixers at #6. They have the Suns with the #4 pick... I could see them picking Noah, but I don't about that early.

Brewer seems to me like a guy that would fit perfect in the Suns system.

Turn Off Ads?