Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan and UK...

Re: Billy Donovan and UK...

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that UK hires Tommy Amaker.
    Yeah let's start talking him up. He was great at Michigan, he just didn't get the right oportunities. He'd be great at UK, he's the perfect coach for them. I'm sure he could get some of his incoming UM recruits to follow him.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The only reason Donovan will talk to Kentucky is to establish his market value.

Florida will then match it.

Donovan will announce Friday Night at the rally that he is staying.
    That's what I think too.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'm still holding out hope that UK hires Tommy Amaker.
    Dislike UK that much huh?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Think this is bad, wait till we're hanging up banners again. OSU thinks they get hate on... UK bball can give them a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Born and raised in Hoosier country.

My first reaction to this story was that Billy would stay at Florida, but after thinking about it I'm now of the opinion that he'll go to Kentucky.

He's been with Flordia for 11 years and taken them to the top. I think he wants a new challenge, and I'm not sure the pressure of Kentucky basketball will really bother him. He'll like the sold out arenas and not playing second fiddle to football.

His team is probably going to disband this year, with the top players graduating or going to the NBA. It'll be a clean break.

It may feel 'right' for him to stay at Florida in the afterglow of back-to-back titles. But when he's in the second year of rebuilding the program and they're in the NIT or getting bounced in the first round of the NCAA's, he'll regret not going to Kentucky, IMO.

I think he'll be on his way out of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    My first reaction to this story was that Billy would stay at Florida, but after thinking about it I'm now of the opinion that he'll go to Kentucky.

He's been with Flordia for 11 years and taken them to the top. I think he wants a new challenge, and I'm not sure the pressure of Kentucky basketball will really bother him. He'll like the sold out arenas and not playing second fiddle to football.

His team is probably going to disband this year, with the top players graduating or going to the NBA. It'll be a clean break.

It may feel 'right' for him to stay at Florida in the afterglow of back-to-back titles. But when he's in the second year of rebuilding the program and they're in the NIT or getting bounced in the first round of the NCAA's, he'll regret not going to Kentucky, IMO.

Florida may lose a lot next year, but they'll still be NCAA tourney worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post

Noah, Horford, Brewer, and probably Green will all be NBA draft picks. Horford has possibly played himself into a top 5 pick while Noah already is there. Corey Brewer could be top 10 as well. Green with his play against Ohio St could have played himself into the first round.

A lot is going to depend on the players he gets in. If Donovan stays and Patterson commits, you are looking at a possible starting five of freshman Nick Calathes, Walter Hodge, Dan Werner, Patrick Patterson, and Maresse Speights. Not exactly the "Band of Brothers", but it would be better than what Kentucky is running out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Even if Donovan turns down the UK job now, doesn't mean he won't in the future. If Donovan isn't hired, whomever the new coach at UK is better live up to the expectations UK fans have of their program or else the new coach will be the former coach. Maybe 5 years down the road, Donovan will decide that it is time for a new challenge and UK might be that challenge he's looking for if the NBA isn't for him.
    Williams, Roy.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Pat Summit has more wins and more NCAA Championships than any coach in college history....she can probably coach better than a lot of male coaches......

There you go, UK fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Pat Summit has more NCAA Championships than any coach in college history
    John Wooden says hello.

she can probably coach better than a lot of male coaches......
    No argument there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Noah, Horford, Brewer, and probably Green will all be NBA draft picks. Horford has possibly played himself into a top 5 pick while Noah already is there. Corey Brewer could be top 10 as well. Green with his play against Ohio St could have played himself into the first round.
    Different subject altogether, but I'm not convinced that Noah will be a very good pro. He'll get drafted, but I don't see him as a lottery pick. If anything, he hurt his value this year.

Looks like Memphis has offered Donovan $5 million per to come coach them. According to this article UK has decided to up their offer to $4 million a year.

http://www.wlky.com/news/11518890/detail.html

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    John Wooden says hello.

Well, I was right on the wins part -- she's up there in Championships though

I think Nolan Richardson is available.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    Looks like Memphis has offered Donovan $5 million per to come coach them. According to this article UK has decided to up their offer to $4 million a year.

http://www.wlky.com/news/11518890/detail.html
    I thought you meant the Memphis Tigers.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?