Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray To DL??

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Bray To DL??

Bill Bray said Monday that his left ring finger continues to hurt when he throws.

Bray, who took a ball off the finger during fielding practice last week, may begin the season on the disabled list. That would potentially open up a roster spot for Rule 5 pick Jared Burton.
    from Rotoworld.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray To DL??

Is Krivsky going to prepare another grievance?

"Bowden never told us that Bray was indeed human and might get hurt sometime in the future."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

"Bowden never told us that Bray was indeed human and might get hurt sometime in the future."
    lmao

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post

Whatever happened with Majewski grievance? You hear about Krivsky going to file but then that was it.. I take it nothing was done and the Reds just tucked their tail between their legs.

So will anyone we get in this trade be on the opening day roster?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So will anyone we get in this trade be on the opening day roster?
    It's starting to look pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    It's starting to look pretty unlikely.
    It's still much too early to judge that trade. None of the players are dead yet.
    Makes all the routine posts.

The ESPN announcers raved about Burton yesterday and said that he had all but made the team.

EDIT - Appearently one is not entitled to his or her opinion here. I'll keep my red-tinted glasses on when on this site. My bad.
    Last edited by Krash; 03-27-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    The "Trade" just keeps looking better and better. Way to go WK!
    Oh, please! An injury to a player during his time with us has no impact on whether "The Trade" was a good one or not. Just bad luck on this one.

Exactly why would WK file a grievence for a player that GOT hurt while playing for the team he's on?

Also is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of Bray and Maj's career's with the Reds? Maj sneezes and all of a sudden redszone lights up with "THANKS WAYNE YOUR SPREADING THE PLAGUE"? The trade happened get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Exactly why would WK file a grievence for a player that GOT hurt while playing for the team he's on?

Also is this what we have to look forward to for the rest of Bray and Maj's career's with the Reds? Maj sneezes and all of a sudden redszone lights up with "THANKS WAYNE YOUR SPREADING THE PLAGUE"? The trade happened get over it.
    No, it's going to be "We can't judge the trade yet. Let's wait and see what happens" until Majewski's arm falls off and Bray gets traded.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Did anyone notice that Maj didn't look that good again yesterday. There was a rocket hit off of him that was snagged by Conine. I honestly think Maj will be pitching somewhere come July 2007.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

If Bray starts the year on the DL, it makes for an easier decision for keeping the other pitchers who've performed well in ST, and it also stockpiles quality replacements for later in the year. An important measure of future success is to have plenty of good arms to choose from that aren't on the opening day 25-man roster. 25% or more of all innings pitched by the club for the year will come from pitchers not on the Opening Day roster.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Your right they suck, I'm sorry for ever wanting them to perform well for the Reds. It's much easier to sit on the sidelines and root for their "arms to fall off" just so my point of view on a trade is justified.

Turn Off Ads?