Turn Off Ads?

Thread: You haven't seen the last of Bubba and Bellhorn!

You haven't seen the last of Bubba and Bellhorn!

They've both accepted their minor league assignments according to the team press notes. Crosby I expected being as he signed a split contract, but I thought Bellhorn may try and hook on elsewhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

Re: You haven't seen the last of Bubba and Bellhorn!

Back to the options thing...do these guys have to pass waivers or were they not on the 40 man roster?
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I imagine Bellhorn realized the Todd Walker is first in line for anybody who needs a backup 2B. There are worse guys we could have as reserves.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    Back to the options thing...do these guys have to pass waivers or were they not on the 40 man roster?
    Bubba passed through waivers, and Bellhorn was never on the 40 man. They both had the option of rejecting assignment to Louisville and becoming free agents.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    They've both accepted their minor league assignments according to the team press notes. Crosby I expected being as he signed a split contract, but I thought Bellhorn may try and hook on elsewhere.
    He may still do that. Some of these guys write into their minor league contracts that if some other team comes asking about them for their major league roster that the team has "x" number of days to call them up or release them (or trade them).

I'm comfortable with either being available at Louisville should something occur.

Bubbafan has just posted his introductory message on Riverbatszone.com!
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Better him than Bellhornfan.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Bubbafan has just posted his introductory message on Riverbatszone.com!

That didn't take long.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Sounds like a line from a bad prison movie.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I can't help but feel that these two guys are going to take up space and ABs that would benefit some other young player's development. The chance that they will ever be of significant benefit to the Reds seems minimal and stunting the growth of another minor league player seems like a waste. If they're being kept around as a spare part, why can't a another young player with a future fill that role...if only for a few games while a hammy heals.
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

I can't help but feel that these two guys are going to take up space and ABs that would benefit some other young player's development. The chance that they will ever be of significant benefit to the Reds seems minimal and stunting the growth of another minor league player seems like a waste. If they're being kept around as a spare part, why can't a another young player with a future fill that role...if only for a few games while a hammy heals.
    Im not too sure of this. Both Crosby and Belhorn will provide added depth to the reds. Also are there any prospects that they will be sealing ab's from? I mean if they would take bats away from Votto or Bruce that would be an outright crime but they wont be. They will also be a suitable replacement if someone would happen to go down.

AAA for all teams is always littered with these guys, it's really nothing to pine over.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    AAA for all teams is always littered with these guys, it's really nothing to pine over.
    I wouldn't exactly say I'm pining over it, more of an observation in light of the Reds need to develop their younger players. How does the old saying go....doing the same ole thing normally gets the same old results.

Trust me, I've heard all from them that I want to.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Hey, the Bats have a couple of hammers in that lineup now. You don't want Homer losing all his starts 1-0 and 2-1, do you?

Turn Off Ads?