Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Harang on opening day

Harang on opening day

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

It's Harang, Arroyo and . . .

In a most anticlimactic announcement of spring, Jerry Narron said that Aaron Harang will be the Opening Day starter. It was pretty clear that that would be the case when the Reds set up the spring rotation in early March.

Harang will become the first pitcher to start back-to-back openers for the Reds since Pete Harnisch in 2000 and 2001.

Harang isn't here in Clearwater But Narron said when he told him yesterday, "He was pretty excited -- for Aaron Harang."

As for the Reds of rotation, Narron said: "It's Harang and (Bronson) Arroyo . . . "

It has been Harang, Arroyo, Eric Milton and Kyle Lohse all spring. But it sounds like that could be tinkered with.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...arroyo-and.asp

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harang on opening day

Wow, that sounds very interesting. I'm still holding out for Harang, Arroyo, Loshe, Belisle, and Saarloos.

During tonight's game, Marty made it sound like the organization is thinking of Milton as fifth....at best.

Interesting.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Further proof that they powers that be are holding their hands close to their chest. Until today it seemed a given the Uncle Milty would be #3. I like the secrecy. It's tough from the I-need-to-know-right-now standpoint, but it makes sense in the grand scheme of things.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Yep.

This, plus Jr. to right field and Dunn in the 2-hole, is just the kind of thing that's liable to boost my confidence in the FO.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Yep.

This, plus Jr. to right field and Dunn in the 2-hole, is just the kind of thing that's liable to boost my confidence in the FO.
    Just don't let your confidence get crushed when you see Gonzalez hitting 2nd.

I wouldn't call Dunn hitting in the 2nd spot a FO decision. That's a Naroon decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Just don't let your confidence get crushed when you see Gonzalez hitting 2nd.
    Ditto Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton, but throw me a bone here.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Ditto Chad Moeller and Mike Stanton, but throw me a bone here.

Hey, I'm just trying to brace you for the inevitable.

Turn Off Ads?