Was it just me or was anyone else disappointed with the broadcast last night? It was the first I had heard the two together since the first game when it was clear they were happy to be together. However, last night Marty was grumpy from start(piled on Lohse before the game started, at least wait until he stinks it up), Thom seemed to feed off the negativism of Marty and joined the spectacle.

I have liked the addition of Brantley because things have generally stayed more positive when he has been combined with either Marty or Thom.

Marty was on Lohse while Thom decidedly does not like Dunn in the two spot(he campaigned for Gonzalez and his sub 300 OBP to hit there) because "you don't ask Dunn to advance a runner an out"(which makes sense). Heck you shouldn't ask anyone to advance runners with an out(with this Reds staff) except in late game situations. The Reds are going to need a bunch of runs on most nights. The real lineup issue anyway is a 3 hole hitter(Phillips) who has no business hitting there.

There was also a Conine lovefest because he is such an experienced hard nosed player. Just for once I would like to hear some love based on actual objective data, unfortunately from an offensive standpoint the Reds are woefully short of that type of talent.

Hopefully last night was just a bad day for Franchester who didn't like having to do a night road game in spring training. The negativism was way over the top.