Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majewski Optioned Out

Majewski Optioned Out

According to John Fay, more cuts en route:

Just walked up to Gary Majewski to ask him about something else. "I just got optioned," he said. "I'll get you after I make this phone call."

More moves are coming.

Hal McCoy just told me he had a 2:45 appointment with Jerry Narron and it just cancelled because they were bringing guys in the office.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Majewski Optioned Out

Good move. Majik hasn't proven much in ST.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Breaking news

Lots of it. Jery Narron and Wayne Krivsky just announced the following:

--Chris Denorfia needs "Tommy John" surgery.

--Bobby Livingston and and Gary Majewski were optioned to Louisville.

--Jeff Keppinger, Bill Bray and Elizardo Ramirez go on the DL and will rehab in the Floirda.

--Jerry Gil, Denorfia and Eddie Guardado go on the DL and come north with the team.

--Either Matt Belisle or Kirk Saarloos will be the fifth starter.

--The last position player will be Norris Hopper or Chad Moeller.

--The last relief positions will go to a two of these three: Victos Santos, Jon Courlangus or Jared Burton

OH MAN! That poor guy...can't get a break!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I'm frankly surprised they didn't DL majewski to further the claim against the Nationals, then sent him on a rehab assignment relatively quickly.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Is Majik unhealthy still? No way should he not make the team if he is healthy... did he end up having surgery in the offseason? I can't seem to remember.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I was hoping to post this as breaking news....but the computer was down.

Booooo!

What awful news for Deno. I was looking forward to a Hamilton/Deno platoon when one of the oft-injured goes down.

Cormier must be traded. Milton must be traded/given away/released. I can't seriously believe that the Reds are going to send either Burton or Coutlangis (or both) to
    AAA, which is what happens when Bray and Majeski get better.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Burton's a Rule 5 guy. They can't send him down unless he clears waivers.
    /r/reds

They must need Majewski sooner and feel he's healthy enough than putting him on the 15-day DL would have allowed. So, expect to see him at least in the Pirates' series....or, he's going down because he's got options and he's not the best reliever available at this time.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

santos is the man!!!

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    They must need Majewski sooner and feel he's healthy enough than putting him on the 15-day DL would have allowed. So, expect to see him at least in the Pirates' series....or, he's going down because he's got options and he's not the best reliever available at this time.
    Fay's article at Enquirer.com mentions that Majewski said he can't pitch back to back right now. He doesn't have the stamina. The move to Louisville tells me that he'll be there getting his arm strength back up slowly. No need to rush and ruin the arm that you traded FeLo and AK for. The Reds would obviously like to get a return on their investment, and letting Majewski rehab slowly means a better chance of that. In a month or two he'll be back assuming he performs well. But the fact that he was optioned speaks more to the higher amount of time he needs there, not that he'll only be there shortly. With a DL stint, you can only rehab for 30 days before coming back up. I think Gary needs a little more time than that.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Santos will go down because he has told the Reds he would accept an assignment to AAA. With Bray DL'd that leaves us with Stanton and Frenchie in the pen as lefty options, Countlangus will come north because he offers a different look from those two.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Santos will go down because he has told the Reds he would accept an assignment to AAA.
    That could change. I posted elsewhere that he has pitched well and will never be closer to the front of the line for a shot than now with Bray, Maj and Lizard all hurt. He may figure he has a better shot somewhere else.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

I predicted when Santos signed that he would be the 5th starter and I can't see any reason why that he wouldn't be considering the staff. Eric Milton, Jerry Narron, Wayne Krivsky, and the Reds seem to disagree.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Milton is terrible. Get rid of the guy! We're losing or not able to use potentially quality starting pitchers because the Reds won't eat Milton's salary.

Turn Off Ads?