Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help with my team...

Please help with my team...

12 team, 5x5 standard rotisserie league (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG) and (W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

I need to make a few moves, my infield is pretty weak and I need another closer. Does anyone know who the DRays closer will be? Seth McClung? Do you think Otuska could be the closer fairly soon? Help is much appreciated.

C R. Hernandez
    1B A. Gonzalez
    2B B. Phillips
    SS R. Furcal
    3B E. Encarnacion
    OF V. Guerrero
    OF C. Crawford
    OF A. Rios
    UT N. Markakis

BN M. Cuddyer
    BN M. Teahen
    BN J. Cantu

SP Peavy
    SP Sabathia
    SP Kazmir
    SP Harden
    SP R. Hill
    SP Sowers
    SP Westbrook
    RP Saito
    RP Otuska
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Please help with my team...

I actually think your offense is good for a 12 team league. Actually the more I look at it, I like it a lot. The only player I really don't like on your team is Furcal. You really don't need him with Phillips, Guerrero and especially Crawford stealing bases for you. Furcal does help in runs scored, though and you might need him for that. He starts slow every year so be patient with him if you keep him. I think Adrian Gonzalez is going to turn into a monster this year. Good for you for getting him. Cuddyer is a good player, last year wasn't a fluke and he's eligible at several positions, IIRC. Not a big fan of J. Cantu this year. I think he'll really struggle. You may want to see if you can garner any interest for him. I think Teahen will have a real nice year.

As far as pitching goes, I think you're in good shape, SP wise, if your pitchers stay healthy. You have some ???'s as far as health goes. A gamble. If you win that battle, you should be good. You could definitely use another RP. I think Otsuka might get a chance to close at some point this year, but you can't bank on it and you might fall behind in saves early on if you keep him.

You might want to see if you can deal Cantu and Otsuka to someone that has saves covered and can afford to deal a closer, even if its a second tier closer.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks RL, I just got offered Texeira and Hoffman for Crawford and Sowers and I think I'm gonna take it. Thoughts?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Thanks RL, I just got offered Texeira and Hoffman for Crawford and Sowers and I think I'm gonna take it. Thoughts?
    Tough call.

You could afford to deal SB's but Crawford really is an impact bat in all categories. His power is still developing and improving each year. He steals tons of bases, scores tons of runs, hits for a good avg, drives in runs, and hits HR's. He truly is an impact in all 5 categories. It's tough to give up a player like that for me, even getting a good player like Teixeira back in return. I don't think the loss of Sowers hurts you that much at all, and you do need Hoffman. In the end, I'm just not sure. I think I'd look around a little before dealing Crawford.

Throw Sowers and Cantu at someone and see if they offer up a closer for them.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Thanks, RL.

At the same time I'm offering Furcal and Kazmir for Hanley Ramirez and Capuano to get the steals back. Also the Crawford deal he now wants either Teahen or Cuddyer instead of Sowers. Which would you rather do?
    Go BLUE!!!

I like that Furcal / Kazmir for Ramirez and Capuano trade. Capuano is pretty good, often overlooked. Kazmir is still an injury risk.

I'd give up Teahen before I gave up Cuddyer, but for the return your getting, I wouldn't give up either of them with Crawford. That's just me, though. It'd be nice to see more responses on this from other people. When I have fantasy questions I like hearing many, many opinions. That's why I try and drop in this forum as much as I can and offer advice.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

RL, would you do Texeira and Hoffman for Crawford straight up?
    Go BLUE!!!

RL, would you do Texeira and Hoffman for Crawford straight up?
    This is a trade that you can do. Crawford is good, but Teixeria will most likely get back to his career year numbers of '05 instead of his somewhat struggling '06.

Look for .285/38/115/100 from Teixeria this year. 100 being runs scored. THose are great numbers for a 5x5 league.

Thanks for the help (even though youre a Bucekeye).

My new squad looks like this:

C Hernandez
    1B Texeira
    2B Phillips
    SS Furcal
    3B Encarnacion
    OF Guerrero
    OF Rios
    OF Markakis
    DH Adrian Gonzalez

BN Cuddyer 1B/OF
    BN Teahen 3B/OF
    BN Betemit/Greene? MI

SP Peavy
    SP Sabathia (now hurt)
    SP Kazmir
    SP Harden
    SP Hill
    SP Sowers

RP Hoffman
    RP Saito
    RP Otsukna

I'm thinking of going after more speed in the OF. Maybe packaging Sowers and Cuddyer/Teahen for something... Or I might start Teahen over either Encarnacion or Markakis to start the year. I think the overall power/avg production will be about the same but Teahen will provide some extra SBs. What do you think?
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-28-2007 at 03:44 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Thanks for the help (even though youre a Bucekeye).

My new squad looks like this:

C Hernandez
    1B Texeira
    2B Phillips
    SS Furcal
    3B Encarnacion
    OF Guerrero
    OF Rios
    OF Markakis
    DH Adrian Gonzalez

BN Cuddyer 1B/OF
    BN Teahen 3B/OF
    BN Betemit/Greene? MI

SP Peavy
    SP Sabathia (now hurt)
    SP Kazmir
    SP Harden
    SP Hill
    SP Sowers

RP Hoffman
    RP Saito
    RP Otsukna

I'm thinking of going after more speed in the OF. Maybe packaging Sowers and Cuddyer/Teahen for something... Or I might start Teahen over either Encarnacion or Markakis to start the year. I think the overall power/avg production will be about the same but Teahen will provide some extra SBs. What do you think?
    If the Betemit/Greene line is meant to say that you can pick up either one, go pick up Greene. If he stays healthy you're looking at 20 HRs 70+ RBIs and 70s. Since you already have Teahen to backup 3B I think Greene is your best bet unless Orlando Cabrera happened to slip through your draft.

Also, Sabathia's x-rays were negative. He might miss 1 or 2 starts if it really bruises up on him.

If Harden and Peavy stay healthy, you are going to be tuff to beat. Very very solid offense with a potentially dominating pitching staff. If Otsuka gets traded or Gagne sucks you would be looking that much better.

I am going to list my roster for my 2 player keeper league and give me some ideas on what you might look to improve. This league is 5x5 + BB and E on offense and L and Holds in pitching. ARod and Reyes were my keepers.

C - Piazza
    1B - Kent
    2B - Roberts
    SS - Reyes
    3B - ARod
    OF - V. Wells
    OF - Abreu
    OF - Bonds
    UTIL - Thome
    BN - Freel
    BN - Blalock
    BN - Overbay

SP - Zambrano
    SP - Sheets
    SP - Harden
    SP - R. Hill
    SP - Contreras
    RP - FRod
    RP - F. Cordero
    P - Howry
    P - M. Gonzalez
    BN - Dotel

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    If the Betemit/Greene line is meant to say that you can pick up either one, go pick up Greene. If he stays healthy you're looking at 20 HRs 70+ RBIs and 70s. Since you already have Teahen to backup 3B I think Greene is your best bet unless Orlando Cabrera happened to slip through your draft.

Also, Sabathia's x-rays were negative. He might miss 1 or 2 starts if it really bruises up on him.

If Harden and Peavy stay healthy, you are going to be tuff to beat. Very very solid offense with a potentially dominating pitching staff. If Otsuka gets traded or Gagne sucks you would be looking that much better.

I am going to list my roster for my 2 player keeper league and give me some ideas on what you might look to improve. This league is 5x5 + BB and E on offense and L and Holds in pitching. ARod and Reyes were my keepers.

C - Piazza
    1B - Kent
    2B - Roberts
    SS - Reyes
    3B - ARod
    OF - V. Wells
    OF - Abreu
    OF - Bonds
    UTIL - Thome
    BN - Freel
    BN - Blalock
    BN - Overbay

SP - Zambrano
    SP - Sheets
    SP - Harden
    SP - R. Hill
    SP - Contreras
    RP - FRod
    RP - F. Cordero
    P - Howry
    P - M. Gonzalez
    BN - Dotel

That is a pretty strong team Buckeye. Having Reyes, ARod, Thome, and your pitching staff is pretty impressive. The only spots I don't love are Kent at 1st and Bonds in the OF. I do like Piazza a lot in the AL this year as well as Dotel as a sleeper closer. I'm not sure F.Cordero will last as the Brew Crew's guy- he's very volatile. I would look to deal Contreras and Kent for an upgrade at 1B, like maybe a Prince Fielder or an upgrade in the OF, like a Rios (although you do already have Wells and I don't like to committ too much to one team). Howry could be the Cubbies closer by May.
    Go BLUE!!!

Also FWIW I picked up Hermanson off the waiver wire, so I now have Hoffman, Saito, Hermanson and Otsuka coming out of the pen. However I have now been presented with the following trade offer:

I GIVE
    Scott Kazmir
    Takashi Saito
    Ramon Hernandez

I GET
    Felix Hernandez
    Russell Martin

I think if I can sub Sowers for Kazmir, I've got to do the deal even though I'd be losing some saves. What do you think?
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-29-2007 at 11:34 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Also FWIW I picked up Hermanson off the waiver wire, so I now have Hoffman, Saito, Hermanson and Otsuka coming out of the pen. However I have now been presented with the following trade offer:

I GIVE
    Scott Kazmir
    Takashi Saito
    Ramon Hernandez

I GET
    Felix Hernandez
    Russell Martin

I think if I can sub Sowers for Kazmir, I've got to do the deal even though I'd be losing some saves. What do you think?
    Like you said, if you can get the other owner to take Sowers instead of Kazmir it is pretty much a no brainer. It also helps that Gagne went on the DL today and Otsuka will be the closer for awhile in Texas. Even when Gagne comes back I do not believe he'll be thrust directly back to the closer role. Also, Martin for Hernandez is pretty close to a wash in 5x5. Martin will get more SBs, better AVG, and more runs while Hernandez will hit 10 more HRs and have 15-20 more RBIs than Martin.

I'm not a fan of Hermanson at all, but maybe he'll stick for awhile as the Reds closer. I'd rather probably have Seth McClung over Hermanson.

As far as my team goes, I may try to propose a Kent/Contreras deal for Fielder or and OF upgrade. I really think Bonds will play well this year. In my league BB count so that is a huge bonus with Bonds. There are plenty of pitchers on the waiver wire who can probably come close to Contreras. Hudson, Escobar, Glavine, and John Patterson are all available.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I think Otsuka might get a chance to close at some point this year
    He's going to get his chance at the get go. Gagne is already on the DL.

However, the Rangers have said it's Gagne's job whenver he comes back no matter what.

They are falling into the namism trap.

For those that care (and have been quite helpful) I've swung a couple more deals. Basically, in a eight-player deal, I traded Markakis, Cuddyer, Ra.Hernandez, Sowers and Saito for Felix Hernandez, Russell Martin and Austin Kearns. I now have finally completed my dream pitching staff, but I know I have to trade one of them away (Kazmir or Sabathia?) for a power hitting OF. I'm trying to deal Sabathia/Furcal/Kearns for Ha.Ramirez and Dunn. If that doesn't work, maybe Texeria and Kazmir for Pujols. Thoughts?

C Martin
    1B Texeira
    2B Phillips
    SS Furcal
    3B Encarnacion
    OF Guerrero
    OF Rios
    OF Teahen
    DH Adrian Gonzalez

BN Griffey
    BN K.Greene

SP Peavy
    SP Fe. Hernandez
    SP Sabathia
    SP Kazmir
    SP Harden
    SP R. Hill

RP Hoffman
    RP Otsukna
    RP Wheeler
    RP Soriano
    RP Howry (or should I pickup Coffey instead?)
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-04-2007 at 03:27 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?