Thread: Trade opinions...

Trade opinions...

I trade:

Jeff Kent
    Hank Blalock
    Jose Contreras

I get:

Justin Morneau
    Michael Cuddyer or Juan Rincon (holds are a stat in our league)

The other guys 3B is Sanchez and 2B is Barfield.

If this deal went through my offense would be: (Arod and Reyes were keepers)

C - Piazza
    1B - Morneau
    2B - Roberts
    SS - Reyes
    3B - ARod
    OF - Abreu
    OF - V. Wells
    OF - Bonds
    UTIL - Thome

I would be able to replace Contreras with someone very similar I'm sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade opinions...

absolutely without thinking twice...
    ALWAYS trade two nickels for a dime in fantasy
    Go BLUE!!!

Who's the dime? Morneau?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    absolutely without thinking twice...
    ALWAYS trade two nickels for a dime in fantasy
    Yeah, once I started looking the trade over I realized just how good a year Morneau had last year. He may not be available for those players but we'll see. The owner hasn't turned it down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Who's the dime? Morneau?
    yes
    Go BLUE!!!

I HIGHLY Doubt it will be accepted, if it is congratulations you got quite the steal no matter who the throw in is. but no matter I would definately keep trying to move Kent and Blalock for almost anyone who would instantly be inserted in your lineup as you can replace both of their production with Free Agents. Who is your starting 1B?

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    I HIGHLY Doubt it will be accepted, if it is congratulations you got quite the steal no matter who the throw in is. but no matter I would definately keep trying to move Kent and Blalock for almost anyone who would instantly be inserted in your lineup as you can replace both of their production with Free Agents. Who is your starting 1B?
    It was turned down but he did say he thought about it but did not want to move anyone this early.

My current starting 1B is Kent. That is the one spot that I need help with. I am going to try to package Kent and Blalock for a 1B. My targets will be Fielder, Giambi, Sexson (maybe). Might have to add a little more to get them but we'll see.

I think you could get Adrian Gonz on the cheap and would be almost as good as the others on that list. I like Giambi, I think his value is also low right now (not sure what the guy who owns him thinks) and could see a definate boost in BA, as for Sexson he is rocky waters to tread as a fantasy owner (hot and dry spells). Check out Gonzalez line last year compared to Fielder (both in first year)
    Fielder: H/AB R HR RBI S AVG
    154/569 82 28 81 7 .271

A Gonz H/AB R HR RBI S AVG
    173/570 83 24 82 0 .304
    They were very similar players last season w Fielder getting a few steals and Gonz. having a better average. I think you will have to pay alot more for Fielder and you wont get much more production if any more than Gonz.
    Last edited by tripleaaaron; 03-31-2007 at 04:42 PM.

I think you could get Adrian Gonz on the cheap and would be almost as good as the others on that list. I like Giambi, I think his value is also low right now (not sure what the guy who owns him thinks) and could see a definate boost in BA, as for Sexson he is rocky waters to tread as a fantasy owner (hot and dry spells). Check out Gonzalez line last year compared to Fielder (both in first year)
    Fielder: H/AB R HR RBI S AVG
    154/569 82 28 81 7 .271

A Gonz H/AB R HR RBI S AVG
    173/570 83 24 82 0 .304
    They were very similar players last season w Fielder getting a few steals and Gonz. having a better average. I think you will have to pay alot more for Fielder and you wont get much more production if any more than Gonz.
    I thought about Gonzalez and I just looked at the waiver wire and he is there. I remember almost picking him in the last round but I went with Overbay. I have Blalock, Freel, and Overbay on my bench on offense and Dotel, Howry, and Mike Gonzalez pitching wise and our league does holds. Who would you drop?

I may try to package Kent and Contreras for an upgrade at my 4th SP spot. I have Zambrano, Sheets, and Harden. Then I could just pick up Gonzalez.

I'd drop Gonzalez. I think Soriano is going to end up being the set up man (get most of the holds)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I'd drop Gonzalez. I think Soriano is going to end up being the set up man (get most of the holds)
    I disagree, not as to where he will be pitching,(although I think he may be the best reliever in the pen, soriano is close) but Octavio Dotel is unreliable.
    He is out now with a strained oblique and could go on DL, even if healthy he could wreck your averages and really wont have that many save opps anyway. If you are desperate for saves then maybe, who are your other closers?
    On another note, I would still add Gonzalez, but Overbay is a solid starter as well, decent pop, good average, I would play him over Kent unless he returns to 05 form early and often.
    Overbay and Gonzalez would be a aolid tandem at 1B.

Not sure how they will use Soriano, but I was thinking that Gonzalez would be 3rd on the totem pole... (Wickman, Soriano, and then Gonzalez)

That is true so it all depends on what your needs are, I dont see your starters listed anywhere or the rest of your relievers, if you dont really need the 20 saves hes Might get you, drop Dotel, I would still consider an upgrade over Mike Gonzalez but I like him better in my bullpen than Dotel unless Im starving for saves.

That is true so it all depends on what your needs are, I dont see your starters listed anywhere or the rest of your relievers, if you dont really need the 20 saves hes Might get you, drop Dotel, I would still consider an upgrade over Mike Gonzalez but I like him better in my bullpen than Dotel unless Im starving for saves.
    David Weathers and Salomon Torres are available to replace Dotel. My closers are FRod and Francisco Cordero with Howry being the only guy with hold potential.

Hold guys on the wire are:

Farnsworth
    Brandon Lyon
    J.C. Romero
    Pedro Feliciano
    Matt Capps
    Brendan Donnelly

Would you pick up a 3rd closer in Weathers or Torres over any of these guys that would be my 2nd hold guy and go with only 2 closers?

That would give you more balance for sure, I def. like Torres over Dotel though for sure. But Ive never really participated in a holds league so Im not too sure of the number you need each week to remain competitive. I can imagine the comp. for saves will be greater, and more Hold men will emerge. Is this a roto-league or a head-to head. If it is a head to head I may trade the sure victory in saves, over balance. If its a Roto league, remember you can catch up if you see you are lagging, and Im sure more hold men will be available than closers. But I could be wrong, how active are the other members, etc. is also an imp. thing to consider.

Turn Off Ads?