Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 Ken Griffey Jr. Predictions

Re: 2007 Ken Griffey Jr. Predictions

OK mth123, that makes sense. I am new here so I still need to learn how people here think. I thought maybe you were one of the people in Cincy that thinks Freel is the best player on the Reds. LOL

I think Freel could be traded for someone similar to Saarloos. A decent pitcher from a team loaded with better options. Saarloos' situation reminds me of Arroyo with the Red Sox. I am sure Saarloos will not do as well as Arroyo did last year, but you could find a lot of things in Saarloos' career history that are eerily similar to Arroyo's. They both played for two teams prior to the Reds. Both of them were jettisoned because they were thought to be not good enough. Arroyo was released by the Pirates, Saarloos by the Athletics (although they re-signed him later). I have more hope for Saarloos than for either Milton or Lohse.

Reds fans seem optimistic for Lohse due to his limited duty with the Reds last year and the positive comments Narron makes about him. They should check Lohse's poor career stats.

I agree with you that Belisle is the Reds' best hope for the future in terms of being a solid member of the rotation. Maybe Elizardo Ramirez too eventually. And Homer obviously.

The Twins have been good in the past about picking up good talent out of other organizations stockpiles (ex. Johan Santana, a former Rule 5 pick). Hopefully some of that was due to Krivsky, or maybe he at least learned how to do it while with the Twins. Maybe Wayne can work some magic and get a good pitcher on the cusp of success in exhange for Freel or Cormier or even Hamilton. I must say I nearly lost all faith in Krivsky after the Washington boondoggle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Im going 130 games
    34 HR
    95 RBI
    .280 AVG

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    122 games played
    37 homers
    107 RBIs
    296 avg.
    4 errors
    7 outfield assits
    2 stolen bases
    I'd take that and a box of chocolates all freakin day! Here's to thinking the best for Griffey. I say 28 HRS 91 RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    OK mth123, that makes sense. I am new here so I still need to learn how people here think. I thought maybe you were one of the people in Cincy that thinks Freel is the best player on the Reds. LOL

I think Freel could be traded for someone similar to Saarloos. A decent pitcher from a team loaded with better options. Saarloos' situation reminds me of Arroyo with the Red Sox. I am sure Saarloos will not do as well as Arroyo did last year, but you could find a lot of things in Saarloos' career history that are eerily similar to Arroyo's. They both played for two teams prior to the Reds. Both of them were jettisoned because they were thought to be not good enough. Arroyo was released by the Pirates, Saarloos by the Athletics (although they re-signed him later). I have more hope for Saarloos than for either Milton or Lohse.

Reds fans seem optimistic for Lohse due to his limited duty with the Reds last year and the positive comments Narron makes about him. They should check Lohse's poor career stats.

I agree with you that Belisle is the Reds' best hope for the future in terms of being a solid member of the rotation. Maybe Elizardo Ramirez too eventually. And Homer obviously.

The Twins have been good in the past about picking up good talent out of other organizations stockpiles (ex. Johan Santana, a former Rule 5 pick). Hopefully some of that was due to Krivsky, or maybe he at least learned how to do it while with the Twins. Maybe Wayne can work some magic and get a good pitcher on the cusp of success in exhange for Freel or Cormier or even Hamilton. I must say I nearly lost all faith in Krivsky after the Washington boondoggle.
    Sounds like we're mostly on the same wavelength, but I am not high on Saarloos at all and lump him with Lohse and Milton as guys who are likely to have an ERA near 6. Saarloos K/9 was only 3.86, his BB/9 was on the high side at 3.93 and his HR per 9 was very high 1.41. I just can't be optimistic about a guy who walks more than he Ks and gives up that many HR. I understand about him being a ground ball pitcher and all, but the doesn't do much for me. Ground balls are more likely to become hits than fly balls and with all the homers allowed it seems like the whole ground ball thing isn't really an asset when he gives up that many HR. Many have raved about the movement on his pitches, but the stats show that not many people are chasing those pitches (low K rate), his best pitch frequently isn't a strike (high Walk rate) and after he gets behind in the count he grooves too many pitches when he needs a strike (high HR rate). Throw in a move from a pitchers park that helps him in Oakland to one of the best hitters park around these days in Cincinnati and I could see those HRs going even higher (add in division road parks in Houston and Chicago instead of the Big A and Seattle for good measure).
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    Im going 130 games
    34 HR
    95 RBI
    .280 AVG
    That'd be a great year for Junior; if he does that, this team might win the division?? I know the pitching needs to be right also, but that would be solid production from the LF and RF spots, assuming Dunn does what he usually does.
    sorry we're boring

125 games
    .280/28/94

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Turn Off Ads?