Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please help... Baby names needed

Please help... Baby names needed

So, my wife and I will be having (actually she'll do most of the having, I'll be fetching ice chips and lending my forearms as a scratching post) our third child in June. We're in need of a good baseball name for either a boy or a girl. She doesn't want to know the sex. Our two sons Henry Adam and Ty Gregory are both named for a baseball icon and a religious figure. The problem is we've shot pretty high with Hank and Ty. Teddy, Willie, Joe, and Pete have all been ruled out for various and sundry reasons. I need some suggestions for boy names as well as girls. The current front runners are Jackson Thomas (after the shoeless one and the doubting apostle) and Morgan Rose (no explanation needed). I've offered up Eppa for a girl on countless occasions only to be shot down. Jackson Thomas is also on the brink after I suggested his nickname could be Stonewall.

I'd love to offer more than a stock smiley for your input, but it's all I've got.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Please help... Baby names needed

Casey is a good unisex name, plus it comes with a built in nickname of "The Mayor"

I like your Morgan Rose and little Stonewall Jackson choices too

"I was named after a Hall of Famer. I think this is the first time it's ever happened that a guy's ever come into the Hall of Fame that was named after one. Before I was born, my father lived and died for baseball and he named me after a Hall of Famer: Mickey Cochrane. I'm not sure if my dad knew it or not, but his real name was Gordon. I hope there's no Gordons here today, but I'm glad that he didn't name me Gordon. "

Mickey Mantle
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Johnny Lee or... for a girl...Jonni Lee (after Bench)
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Seven.

Or there's:
    Mordecai
    Carlton
    Rogers
    Tris
    Wade
    Morgan
    Dale
    Christy
    Nolan
    Ryan
    Hunter
    Ruth
    Cal
    Graig
    Brett
    Cy
    Christy
    Sandy
    Last edited by Redsland; 03-29-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Seven.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Pokey.

Lefty.

Dizzy.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I like the name Foster. My wife liked it too. I hope she takes her pill tonight
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    So, my wife and I will be having (actually she'll do most of the having, I'll be fetching ice chips and lending my forearms as a scratching post) our third child in June. We're in need of a good baseball name for either a boy or a girl. She doesn't want to know the sex. Our two sons Henry Adam and Ty Gregory are both named for a baseball icon and a religious figure. The problem is we've shot pretty high with Hank and Ty. Teddy, Willie, Joe, and Pete have all been ruled out for various and sundry reasons. I need some suggestions for boy names as well as girls. The current front runners are Jackson Thomas (after the shoeless one and the doubting apostle) and Morgan Rose (no explanation needed). I've offered up Eppa for a girl on countless occasions only to be shot down. Jackson Thomas is also on the brink after I suggested his nickname could be Stonewall.

I'd love to offer more than a stock smiley for your input, but it's all I've got.

Thanks in advance.
    Why doesn't she want to know the sex? It makes things so much easier. All of your gifts won't be yellow and ducks. I have heard the reasoning of "we want to be surprised." You can be surprised at the ultrasound. "Surprise....your having a........."
    Makes things a lot easier for the people buying your gifts too, if they know the sex. A yellow baby room full of ducks is generic, and they might grow up wanting to sell insurance.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

How about combining Orel Hershiser and Steve Sax for Orel Sax?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    How about combining Orel Hershiser and Steve Sax for Orel Sax?
    I'm not quite sure that would pass the playground test, but hilarious nonetheless.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

If it's a girl, you could name her after 70's baseball kissing-bandit icon, Morganna.

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Honus Habbakuk?

I like the Jackson Thomas is very nice actually, and he's most likely to be called Jack more often than not.

Morgan Rose is nice too.

We joked with with our kids we'd name them Ozzie Smith, Willie McGee, but our son's name is Peter and we toyed with the name Margaret Rose and then laughed that we could call him Pete Rose...

You can't go wrong with Ruth - that's a two-fer - baseball and bible!

Van Lingo Rotnoid has a nice ring to it.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Why doesn't she want to know the sex? It makes things so much easier. All of your gifts won't be yellow and ducks. I have heard the reasoning of "we want to be surprised." You can be surprised at the ultrasound. "Surprise....your having a........."
    Makes things a lot easier for the people buying your gifts too, if they know the sex. A yellow baby room full of ducks is generic, and they might grow up wanting to sell insurance.
    It's their decision. Different strokes...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?