Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fay thinks Cormier on block...

Fay thinks Cormier on block...

Cormier deal in the works?
    BY JOHN FAY | JFAY@ENQUIRER.COM

That Jon Coutlangus : is still on the roster indicates that the club is trying to move veteran left-hander Rheal Cormier.

Cormier makes $2.25 million. The Reds are willing to absorb some of that to facilitate a trade.

Coutlangus : 26, has a 3.52 ERA in 10 games this spring. He hasn't given up a run in nine of 10 outings.

He struck out Chase Utley and Ryan Howard with the bases loaded his last time out.
    Well, this headline ought to get the RZ'ers off to a good start this morning...

If the Reds were to decide to option either Belisle or Milton as the 5th starter (with them to return on April 8th), wouldn't the numbers suggest Coutlangus makes it???...I really think if Milton struggles again on Saturday they really have to look at him going down to Louisville and being the 5th starter (nothing more than that at this time is realistic)...thus would begin yet another round of "Coutlangus/Pole" puns from the RZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hello kitty.gif 
Views:	26 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	4667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello kitty guitar.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	4668  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fay thinks Cormier on block...

Chopping block?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Can Milton be shipped to AAA? Does he have options left?

Milton to the DL is more likely IMO. They'll invent a problem if he gets pounded again.

My hope for a Cormier trade previously was for some semi-promising bullpen or starter help.

Now I think it might be for some OF depth. Which is too bad. I hate to use up that trading chip for something like that.

Pay attention to the open sky

Is Jayson Werth of the Phillies "worth" it for the Reds for Cormier?

The Tigers are screaming for left-handed bully arms - how about Marcus Thames or Omar Infante?

I'm just tossing names.

Whoa...dumb thought here - Milton & Cormier to Detroit for Infante and we pick up the tab on Uncle Miltie.

Nahhhhh.....

Where's Krusty When You Need Him??
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

WHat about Reggie Sanders straight up for Cormier? Tell the Royals to forget about the PTBNL.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

With Dino going down, I have to think the reds are seriously shopping for another outfielder. You know Freel and Junior are not going to play 160 games each. You're COUNTING on Josh Hamilton at this point. When one of Freel or Junior goes down, the fourth outfielder is now Jeff Conine. That's an open wound, they need to fill with something.
    Maybe Hoper will fill in. Maybe Bubba will be called up and give them some at bats, but right now, they need another outfielder.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    WHat about Reggie Sanders straight up for Cormier? Tell the Royals to forget about the PTBNL.
    I would go for that trade. The Reds need OF depth with Denorfia down and Hopper questionable. With Griffey and Freel's history of injuries Cormier should be traded for another OF.

BUBBA Crosby? uke:
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    BUBBA Crosby? uke:
    Although I don't like Bubba, he is better than DeWayne Wise.

Reggie Sanders.

On an intellectual level, I understand he would provide a veteran bat and probably decent productivity. And a good clubhouse citizen.

But on an emotional level, my brain is forever scarred by the vision of him fanning the breezes and single-handedly destroying the Reds in the 1995 NLCS.

Pay attention to the open sky

Given a choice between giving at bats to Jeff Conine, DeWayne Wise or Norris Hopper...Bubba Crosby doesn't look too bad.

That's exactly why the reds should be shopping for another outfielder. Right now, their depth is Josh Hamilton. They need more.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Reggie Sanders.

On an intellectual level, I understand he would provide a veteran bat and probably decent productivity. And a good clubhouse citizen.

But on an emotional level, my brain is forever scarred by the vision of him fanning the breezes and single-handedly destroying the Reds in the 1995 NLCS.
    That is actually the only thing I can remember about that entire series, every time I look up there is Reggie Whiffing on some high heat.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Given a choice between giving at bats to Jeff Conine, DeWayne Wise or Norris Hopper...Bubba Crosby doesn't look too bad.

That's exactly why the reds should be shopping for another outfielder. Right now, their depth is Josh Hamilton. They need more.

Death by hanging, firing squad, electric chair or lethal injection?

This season will not swing on who the 5th outfielder is although I do agree I'd like to see a better option than Conine. Much more important is how this pitching staff comes together.

Turn Off Ads?