Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Possible trade target?

Possible trade target?

Ryan Spilborghs

OF-Rockies Mar. 30 - 8:03 pm et

Rockies optioned outfielder Ryan Spilborghs to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

Jeff Baker is out of options and the Rockies wanted to go old elsewhere, so Spilborghs never had a chance, even after hitting .412/.432/.735 in 34 at-bats this spring. It's a shame he still has options remaining at age 27. He could help several teams as a fourth or fifth outfielder.
    They kept Finley instead even though he had an awful spring........sound familiar??
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Possible trade target?

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    Ryan Spilborghs

They kept Finley instead even though he had an awful spring........sound familiar??
    Is Marty the GM of the Rockies?

What will they take? Frenchy?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    Ryan Spilborghs

I'd like to see it happen, but I get the impression that the Reds want Moeller on the team and aren't looking right now. I'm guessing if they do anything it will be to move some $ off the roster for minor league fodder.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Are you kidding? If the Reds do anything it'll be add another catcher, get rid of that pesky fourth outfielder. You can never have enough catchers...ever.

bring back dan bilardelo

Go get Spilborghs, Wayne, now.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?