Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Milton will NOT pitch today

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

BREAKING NEWS: Milton will NOT pitch today

He was scratched due to "back soreness." Lohse will start.

Hmmmm....a possible "DL" stint could be coming.

(I have no link..you just have to trust me )

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Milton will NOT pitch today

Oooh....interesting to say the least. Good lord do I hope he doesn't make a single start for the Reds this year.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

The plot thickens...
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Whatever it takes....that sounds harsh, but it's true.

please be packing your bags for detroit! please!
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Hello DL!

It is NOT possible that Detroit would have any interest in Milton. I believe he's physically ailing therefore Milton pitching in the major leagues defies every principle of winning baseball. Why would Jim Leyland wreck what he has built?
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 03-31-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post
    It is NOT possible that Detroit would have any interest in Milton. I believe he physically ailing therefore Milton pitching in the major leagues defies every principle of winning baseball. Why would Jim Leyland wreck what he has built?
    That wouldn't be our problem

I doubt Kriv wants to be accused of peddling damaged goods after the JimBo/Majewski debacle of last season.

I doubt Kriv wants to be accused of peddling damaged goods after the JimBo/Majewski debacle of last season.
    The "DL stint" may be his only way to avoid the debacle that has become Eric Milton.

You have to remember, he didn't sign him....he's stuck with him, financially.

Matt,

I'm interested in knowing IF the Reds regular season broadcasts will contain that 2nd-inning visit with the sportswriters this year. I think it's a major waste of time and an insult to my intelligence. ha ha

I would be all for it if Hal McCoy were the only invited guest. He comes prepared with notes/something to talk about. The other two guys would show up with a 'why do I have to do this' attitutde and the discussion on the color of one's sweater or socks would eat up too much time.
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 03-31-2007 at 02:22 PM.

It is NOT possible that Detroit would have any interest in Milton. I believe he physically ailing therefore Milton pitching in the major leagues defies every principle of winning baseball. Why would Jim Leyland wreck what he has built?
    Right...Leyland built it the same way Sweet Lou has built the Cubs. Leyland is a good manager but does he scout, negotiate and sign players and their moves?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Matt,

I'm interested in knowing IF the Reds regular season broadcasts will contain that 2nd-inning visit with the sportswriters this year. I think it's a major waste of time and an insult to my intelligence. ha ha

I would be all for it if Hal McCoy were the only invited guest. He comes prepared with notes/something to talk about. The other two guys would show up with a 'why do I have to do this' attitutde and the color of one's sweater or socks would eat up to much time.
    I'm pretty sure it will....with C Trent taking the place of The Godfather

I guess we'll know Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The plot thickens...
    This could be the news we've been waiting for all spring.....

Would they go with Belisle and Saarloos or would they want a lefty and go with Livingston?
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

Belisle will make the squad....so will Saarloos...

Don't forget about Burton....I really doubt they want to give him back to Oakland....

Milton who?

Turn Off Ads?