Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/31/07 vs Marlins -- in Dayton!

Re: 3/31/07 vs Marlins -- in Dayton!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeybro View Post
    How did the top half of that inning end?
    Your bro got a DP the first man he faced.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Your bro got a DP the first man he faced.
    Yeah, but come on, Jeff Brantley all but PROVED that Hermanson's got what it takes to close, and that Coffey's not nearly ready to step into that role.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Amazing how the weather has turned......the threat of rain, and uncertainty on if the game would even be played, to sunny skies...

If Coutlangus doen't make the team there needs to be an investigation.

Thanks for the update. Todd was excited about going back to Dayton for this game. He requested to pitch in it. The Dragons even gave him the cerimonial fist pitch honors.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

If Coutlangus doen't make the team there needs to be an investigation.

So you are saying if Coutlangus goes down, it's going to smell fishy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Amazing how the weather has turned......the threat of rain, and uncertainty on if the game would even be played, to sunny skies...

Welcome to Dayton. If you don''t like the weather, just wait 10 minutes and it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I can't believe that Wayne Krivsky believes that what he accomplished in the offseason actually improves the team. This is just a plum awful team. What the hell did he do all offseason?
    He improved the worst defense of all time with Gonz, LaRue's wiffle bat is gone, Ross is your starting catcher, Jr is in right giving more playing time to Freel and hopeful surprise Hamilton, and (not saying much) the pitching is deeper than opening day last year. You can't tell me that this team is worse than last years (which wasn't supposed to win 80 games.)
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I can't believe that Wayne Krivsky believes that what he accomplished in the offseason actually improves the team. This is just a plum awful team. What the hell did he do all offseason?
    well when you say awful are you referring to the fact that the average age of our bullpen is parallel to methusalah and we still don't have a bona fide closer even though there are still options out there as we speak (Otsuka!) or our bench went from bad to horrible with the recent loss of deno. we're probably going to carry 3 catchers on the 25 man. Our 4th OF has never seen a regular season major league at bat in his life not to mention until march he hasn't seen any at bats in years. Our RF and CF can not play more than 120 games in a season while our LF owns the single season strikeout record. SS has one of the worst hitting field players that we have seen since juan castro was still around. Oh wait he still is here and with narron at the helm he will probably see around 300 AB. Our 1st basemen has to platoon with Jeff (perfect body for a 40 year old mind) Conine because he can not hit better than .220 againsst left handers. 2nd base could be a stud for us his year but who really knows with BP. I like him but he is no Ryan Sandberg if you catch my drift... 3B has the chance to be a great spot for this team except for when EE is throwing the ball to first. As long as he can avoid that we might be ok... Starting pitching is great for us though. Arroyo and Harang make a great 1-2 punch but 3-4-5? Get outta here!! Our pitching coach is named Dick Pole though and I fully believe that is a great omen for us.

I understand everything is not exactly copasetic but as long as you're not focusing on these items i think we are a great team ellipsis

Quote Originally Posted by fisch11 View Post
    He improved the worst defense of all time with Gonz, LaRue's wiffle bat is gone, Ross is your starting catcher, Jr is in right giving more playing time to Freel and hopeful surprise Hamilton, and (not saying much) the pitching is deeper than opening day last year. You can't tell me that this team is worse than last years (which wasn't supposed to win 80 games.)
    It's certainly no better than last year's club. And the idea is that you improve.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

No, no, no, this is the normal Hermanson.
    he had success early because he was throwing a bunch of junk. Sorry but his fastball just isn't good enough to get it done anymore... and almost all relievrs have to pitch off their fastball.

It's certainly no better than last year's club. And the idea is that you improve.
    I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So you are saying if Coutlangus goes down, it's going to smell fishy?

:
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Phipps RF, Francisco 3B, Turner 2B - these substitutions aren't part of the Reds who came north. Who are they? 2007 Dayton Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    Phipps RF, Francisco 3B, Turner 2B - these substitutions aren't part of the Reds who came north. Who are they? 2007 Dayton Dragons?
    Yes. Pretty sure.

Turn Off Ads?