Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Re: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Florida just shoots the ball better. Athletic wise, I think they are very similar.

Oden does things with his feet I've never seen a big man do.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Florida is just better, by a lot, than any team in the country. It's just one of those special teams. They weren't going to be stopped this year.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

you can't win a game in the 1st half but you can sure as heck lose one. You can't spot a team like Florida 11 points at half-time. Yet another NCAA Championship for an SEC school.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Florida is just better, by a lot, than any team in the country. It's just one of those special teams. They weren't going to be stopped this year.
    They did everything well. A true team with no weakness to attack. They were just flat-out better than Ohio State (or any other team in the field, for that matter).

Ohio State led a charmed life in this tournament by going on hot-runs from behind the 3 point line. They kept waiting for that run in this game and it never came.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

A few more loose balls bounce our way and a few more 3s drop, but Florida capitalized on every opportunity, like champions do. The better team was evident, the Bucks had to shoot lights out to even have a chance, and they didn't.

Great season, though. Hopefully Oden's coming back. I won't be surprised either way, he has good reasons which ever way he chooses.

Owned. And I say that as a Buckeye fan.

Great day for this sports fan
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Owned. And I say that as a Buckeye fan.
    Two mutually exclusive events. I can't complain that my team made it to the championship game in both marquee sports, regardless of coming up short.

Florida can shoot that's for sure. Three point shooting was the difference.

The good news: Florida is going to be awful at football and basketball next year. OSU has a good chance at being in the BCS and if Oden comes back won't lose a basketball game next year (or even play that many close ones for that matter).

Florida is a great team and as we saw with a lot of weapons. Great season for both schools.

I dont see how Ohio State will do much in football next season. Better hope Chris Wells doesnt ever get tired.

As far as tonight, I feel like it was a win after the football game. Seriously though the Gators shot great, Buckeyes didnt. Better team won, no reason for the Buckeyes to hang their heads.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

What's the +/- these days of Oden and Conley sticking around another year?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    What's the +/- these days of Oden and Conley sticking around another year?
    Conley has already publicly stated he is coming back next year. I also think that he will be able to talk Greg into coming back another year if anyone can.

The unfortunate thing personally is that I just can't get into the NBA, so the fun's over for me when they do move on. It just isn't enjoyable basketball, even when its two good teams playing. There just isn't passion in the games, too many games guys look like they are going through the motions, and way too many stiffs that are not anything but big.
    Last edited by traderumor; 04-03-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Two mutually exclusive events. I can't complain that my team made it to the championship game in both marquee sports, regardless of coming up short.
    Agreed, but face it, UF can hold that over our heads for years to come.

The frustrating thing for me was everytime Ohio State got close and looked like they could surge, Florida knocked down a dagger every single time. That's the mark of a great team and that's exactly what Florida is.

The better team won.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?