Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Awesome!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Better pray it's not a rematch of the football game, because I fear the results would be similar.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Even if we lose to UF again there is a measure of respect that should come with playing for a NC in both major sports in the same year.

Great times to be a Buckeye!!!

It's a tremendous achievement. Mike Conley is a bad bad man.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Win or lose, I want them to play Florida. There's no need to bring anyone else into the equation. Let the two best big time sports programs this year battle it out.

Incredible! In my entire lifetime I have never seen an Ohio State basketball team in the championship game, I was to young to care or know the last time they were there. Great run win or lose Monday.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

This storyline is the opposite of the football NC. OSU was the heavy fav and got thumped. Hope it goes OSU's way.

I think that this match up has all the makings of a future trivia question:
    Who was the university that lost two national championships in less than four months to the same university.

Lets go Florida!!!!!!!!!

Hey I have to go for them b/c your buckeyes had to knock out my Hoyas today.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

IMO, Conley is the true MVP of this team this year. The kid is simply amazing, and this team really compliments one another with guys like Lewis and Butler (who is from this neck of the woods).

I'm your typical OSU fan (for almost 40 yrs) - I'm waiting around for them to lose at some point after raising my expectations. Doesn't matter if it's FB or BB. I personally, due to immaturity, thought they'd get no farther then the Sweet 16. I think a lot of the "experts" weren't expecting OSU to hang around long. I love being wrong.

And I give a lot of the credit to Matta too. I loved this guy when he was at Xavier.

Oden, IMO, has had a very erratic, and even poor in some instances, NCAA tourney, as far as offense. No doubting his defensive abilities though when on that floor. He really struggled in the first half of yesterday's game. It will be interesting to see how he matches up with Florida's Horford.

Florida is a very talented team. I'm sure OSU is probably gonna be a slight underdog when matched up vs Florida's "Fab Five". But what OSU (Matta) did to GT's Green, who was Big East Conference Player of the Year, and basically take him out the game yesterday, makes me think that Matta should have his boys ready.

But I'll be darned if I'll make any bets/predictions. All I know is that I'll be somewhere in Cincy, after attending Red's opening day, watching it somewhere with a group of 'zoners. I'm glad I got a hotel room.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-01-2007 at 05:20 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Better pray it's not a rematch of the football game, because I fear the results would be similar.
    That would be a low scoring basketball game

I'm as big an Ohio State fan as there is here on these boards, but tomorrow night is gonna be awfully tough for the Buckeyes.

They can win, but it's gonna be tough.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

After the game Monday night, I hope we won't hear any OSU fans whining about the fact that the Buckeyes had to deal with a 51 hour layoff--but Florida only had to wait 48 hours to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    After the game Monday night, I hope we won't hear any OSU fans whining about the fact that the Buckeyes had to deal with a 51 hour layoff--but Florida only had to wait 48 hours to play again.
    Yeah...BUT...the Bucks will have had two more hours off than the Gators...that much of a layoff compared to that of the Gators could be devastating!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I was down outside the Dome last night slumming for tickets to the game Monday night. There were a ton of Forida fans there. Horrible seats were relatively easy to find. Figure I'll go back down Monday night and see if I can snag a decent seat. Florida winning the nightcap definitely makes the Monday night ticket more of a challenge.

Turn Off Ads?