Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Re: OSU going to the Title Game (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I thought Oden did a phenomenal job holding Noah, Horford and Richards in check last night. Meanwhile, he put up a solid 25, 12 and 4 while having those 3 Gators rotate on him.

Not bad performance for a guy that was maybe 80% at best. I really hope he comes back for another year, so the college game can possibly see one of the best talents of all time play at 100%.
    Oden dominated Noah and Horford. Completely dominated. I don't know if either of those two hurt their draft status but it they didn't help themselves any. Brewer and Humphries on the other hand.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Oden dominated Noah and Horford. Completely dominated. I don't know if either of those two hurt their draft status but it they didn't help themselves any. Brewer and Humphries on the other hand.....
    Yeah, Horford was dominated!!

18 points and 12 rebounds is laughable! His draft status is gonna fall way down after only 18 and 12.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yeah, Horford was dominated!!

18 points and 12 rebounds is laughable! His draft status is gonna fall way down after only 18 and 12.
    Horford did have a better game than I thought, but that being said he wasn't guarded by Oden most of the game and when he was I only remember him scoring that one put back dunk on the fast break and a 17 footer.

Yeah, the better team won. And all year I always wondered out loud how the heck anyone could ever rank Florida ahead of us. Not that I didn't think the Buckeyes were not CAPABLE of winning - I think they were. They just needed it to be a night where they were shooting well from outside as well as getting the strong play in the other facets of the game.

I'd sure like to see Oden & Conley stay to see if they can develop that level of team play (IMO they might be able to) with the rest of the guys remaining and incoming. I was not at all disappointed in their effort. The key difference was how we shot/defended the 3 vs how Florida did. They did better in both aspects. Otherwise I thought the Buckeyes played a pretty solid game.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I think the main reason OSU lost was their 3 pointers compared to Floridas. Florida shot at a godly percent while OSU shot way below their average.

Everytime OSU brought it within 6 or so Florida would drain a series of shots and put them back down by 11-13. Crazy game, I was pulling for OSU but Florida basically dominated the entire game. If Oden & Conley didn't have amazing games I think OSU loses by 20+ points.

Doubt Horrford will lose any draft stock, he'll still be a top 10 pick. I think Brewer helped out his draft status, and Oden just finalized his #1 pick. No way does Durant go #1 now.

Solid game last night. It was a big time sellers ticket market before the game. Bad lower level seats were going for $600 apiece before the game.

5 minutes before tip, however, a buddy and I scored upper level seats for face value. It's amazing how those ticket prices drop near the start of a game! We worked our way to a section that didn't have an usher, and found some empty seats at about the 40 yard line. Most of the other folks in our section had done the same thing. Not the best seats, but with my 20/20 lasik eyes, I was fine.

If Ohio State had shot 5-20 instead of 2-20 on 3s, it would have been a 2 point game with about 3 minutes left. The Florida jean short nation was out in full force, but it was generally pretty quiet. As the game wore on, they realized that they weren't going to roll like they did in the Tostitos bowl and that they had a bona fide game on their hand.

I ended up sitting next to the stereotypical Gator fan - a mesh back Gator cap, a blue Gator basketball uniform tank top, jeans, and flip-flops. He was a good guy, though.

Turn Off Ads?